Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

apply volume normalization to FLAC files
brian
post Mar 8 2008, 13:12
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 51866

hi

for my mp3s i use mp3gain to apply track gain which is usually at 92db. for conversion from a format to another i use dbpoweramp. the idea is that i want to apply a similar gain to my flac files. for that dbpoweramp has a dsp effect called volume normalize. if i apply this dsp effect to my flac files do i lose any quality?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Metanoia
post Mar 8 2008, 16:47
Post #2

Member No.: 51682

QUOTE (brian @ Mar 8 2008, 13:12) *
hi

for my mp3s i use mp3gain to apply track gain which is usually at 92db. for conversion from a format to another i use dbpoweramp. the idea is that i want to apply a similar gain to my flac files. for that dbpoweramp has a dsp effect called volume normalize. if i apply this dsp effect to my flac files do i lose any quality?

Replaygain is also supported.
Volume normalize is a destructive way, it changes the audio and it can't be undone, while replaygain is just information in the tag that can be applied by the player. smile.gif
+Quote Post
brian
post Mar 8 2008, 19:04
Post #3

Member No.: 51866

QUOTE (Metanoia @ Mar 8 2008, 17:47) *
Replaygain is also supported.
Volume normalize is a destructive way, it changes the audio and it can't be undone, while replaygain is just information in the tag that can be applied by the player. smile.gif

but lets say that a want to play the files in my car (after converting them to WAV of corse - a read on this forum that by converting from flac to wav i don't lose any audio quality), do i lose audio quality by using volume normalize??
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2014 - 05:39