Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

How to fix a damaged MKV file?
RM
post Feb 10 2008, 18:20
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2720

Hello.

I am having problems with a movie file in MKV format. The movie length is 2 hr 18 minutes, however the VLC player (and others) stops playing it approximately at 1:44:50. But if I manually run the player and then rewind to 1:45:00, the movie plays fine from that point and to the end.

Also, I wanted to add an additional AC3 soundtrack to that movie. I was trying to use mkvmerge (through mmg), but it produces an incomplete file (sized 6.5 GB only, while the original size is 7.7 GB, and the additional track I am trying to add is 632 MB in size).

So obviously, there's a certain damaged fragment inside MKV file, which causes players to stop playback and mkvmerge to stop processing the file. The question is, how do I fix/remove that fragment? It would be OK even to lose a second or two of movie itself. But I have found no tools to check for and correct damaged parts inside MKV files, not even any tools for simply cutting out such parts.

Thanks in advance for any reply.

This post has been edited by RM: Feb 10 2008, 21:17
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Death Knight
post Jul 28 2009, 13:44
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 71847

Himm. I am 1,5 year late but being late better than not.

Hi, this is author of DivFix++.
The best AVI repair and preview tool which is FREE and Open Sourced project.
Specially designed for preview files which are downloading from emule, torrent or web...

I feel absence of MKV fix utility. Until now AFAIK, no program can do this.
I got hardly work for Matroska streams.
So I started up project_Meteorite, which is DivFix++ expansion for support MKV streams.
You can fix MKV streams very soon. If you wonder, you can visit project_Meteorite page.
Project_Meteorite
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 10:04