IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
[feat request] Foobar menu a toggleable toolbar element
poisonborz
post Dec 26 2007, 22:02
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 42689

Title says it all - like many other programs, foobar's defaultui menu could be toggleable, and moved on the like seekbar, volume etc. Such way, with the new layout editing, the whole window could be redrawn, including the top toolbar.

Of course, question comes up, how to access the controls when the user toggles all the menu away. Two methods here: either insert a 'preferences' item in the tray area context menu, or there should be a restriction to have at least one 'menu' item present (on one of the toolbars).

I understand that this change would be complete with a configurable menu (toggleable menu items/groups) but that would be a song of the future, I imagine.

(I really believe that the easy and robust customization of default UI is propably the most important step for foobar to be more user friendly. Hooray for the layout editing mode)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jens Rex
post Dec 27 2007, 00:12
Post #2

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 680

I don't know of anyone who has ever wanted to have the menu bar at any other place, except the top default position. Preferences in tray menu fails when user doesn't have tray icon enabled (like me).
+Quote Post
JadeElephant
post Dec 27 2007, 11:05
Post #3

Member No.: 36194

QUOTE (JensRex @ Dec 26 2007, 18:12) *
I don't know of anyone who has ever wanted to have the menu bar at any other place, except the top default position.

Well now you do. I personally have made the vast majority of functions accessible from the main menu that I frequently use into individual buttons on my build, and don't use the menu bar at all...for the most part. Every now and again I use it, but not enough in my mind to justify it using up space on my build, and instead launch it as a dockable panel. If there were a more elegant solution that would be great.
+Quote Post
poisonborz
post Dec 27 2007, 21:42
Post #4

Member No.: 42689

On one hand, on the long run, it would be more flexible to have a - later maybe configurable - moveable menu instead of an oldscool, top-placed static one. Also, if that's the intention in the future (of development), it would be a step to allow to configure/skin the whole of defaultui's interface.

tray menu fails when user doesn't have tray icon enabled (like me)

Sorry, used the wrong word: I meant the taskbar strip of foobar (either that, or the tray icon is always visible)

This post has been edited by poisonborz: Dec 27 2007, 21:43
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th December 2014 - 07:04