Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Why tag MP3s with EAC?, Was: Additional Command Line [TOS#6]
DigitalCyber
post Dec 25 2007, 05:48
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 41717

I was following this guide to set up EAC + LAME and it says
If you prefer not to let EAC tag your files, untick Add ID3 tag; and in the Additional command line options box, copy and paste one of the strings below, based on the tag format you prefer:

and gives the command lines for No Tags, ID3v1, ID3v2, ID3v1 & 2, and automatic

What I was wondering is, what would be the need for the last 4 if you dont want EAC to tag your files? Because I use Tag&Rename for tagging so I have no need for EAC when it comes to tagging

This post has been edited by DigitalCyber: Dec 25 2007, 05:49
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
greynol
post Dec 25 2007, 19:28
Post #2

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 13167

The differences between letting EAC tag and configuring it to use Lame to tag when using the various lines specified in the wiki are only very slight, actually.

I asked Andre to provide the ability write ID3v2 tags without having to write ID3v1 tags a while back. If this were implemented then the only differences between using EAC and using Lame based on the wiki configurations would be that EAC will give you better genre support, the ability to place a leading zero for single digit track numbers and automatically specifies the ripping mode in the Encoded tag (when configured to create ID3v2 tags).

Besides the functionality of --id3v2-only and Lame's automatic mode, EAC certainly doesn't give you any less control over tagging than Lame.

Answering the OP's question, if you are using a tag editor to take care of this for you, then there's no reason for you use any of the last four options, or the first one (which is to let EAC do the taging).

This post has been edited by greynol: Dec 25 2007, 23:01

--------------------
YOUR EYES CANNOT HEAR!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 18:55