IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

[request] General Auto Sort, Ignoring "The" and similar things in special fields
q-stankovic
post Nov 6 2007, 19:12
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 31251

The facets plugin or the "sort by field..." window in foo_utils give an option to ignore "the" - on the other side in album list you have to do the job in the old way and you will see the article after artists name.

Couldn't we have a general setting for that as part of the DefaultUI so that every plugin can look there to see how to sort? In that context it would be useful to define all - what should be ignored - in a comma seperated list: Don't forget other languages and their articles (der,die,das,la,las,el,los ...) or other things that could be ignored ("Dj" as prefix f.e.). I am not sure if it is a good idea to restrict that auto sort to special fields (artist, album artist, ...) instead of being applied to every field.

--------------------
german support forum: www.foobar-users.de / user: qwert73
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Jose Hidalgo
post Nov 7 2007, 03:31
Post #2

Group: Banned
Member No.: 32111

QUOTE (q-stankovic @ Nov 6 2007, 19:12) *
The facets plugin or the "sort by field..." window in foo_utils give an option to ignore "the" - on the other side in album list you have to do the job in the old way and you will see the article after artists name.

Couldn't we have a general setting for that as part of the DefaultUI so that every plugin can look there to see how to sort? In that context it would be useful to define all - what should be ignored - in a comma seperated list: Don't forget other languages and their articles (der,die,das,la,las,el,los ...) or other things that could be ignored ("Dj" as prefix f.e.). I am not sure if it is a good idea to restrict that auto sort to special fields (artist, album artist, ...) instead of being applied to every field.

I second that. I had already asked for it in the Facets thread, with no real success for the moment. Maybe it should be a part of DefaultUI.
+Quote Post
TheSaneLunatic
post Nov 7 2007, 08:26
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 46237

*Ahem* biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
foosion
post Nov 8 2007, 12:42
Post #4

Group: FB2K Moderator (Donating)
Member No.: 5153

I expect this to be part of the foobar2000 core sooner or later; at least Peter seemed to like the idea.

--------------------
http://foosion.foobar2000.org/ - my components for foobar2000
+Quote Post
Jose Hidalgo
post Nov 8 2007, 13:29
Post #5

Group: Banned
Member No.: 32111

Thanks foosion. biggrin.gif And please tell Peter not to forget about this part :

Don't forget other languages and their articles (der,die,das,la,las,el,los ...) or other things that could be ignored ("Dj" as prefix f.e.).

The best thing would be to make this fully user-editable (imagine a very simple editable field in the prefs with all the articles separated by commas : "the,der,die,das,la,las,el,los,le,les", etc.).

wink.gif

This post has been edited by Jose Hidalgo: Nov 8 2007, 13:30
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 21:45