IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

New Saul Williams album sold Radiohead-style, but done RIGHT
Fuchal
post Oct 25 2007, 21:48
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15638

Trent Reznor just announced the new Saul Williams album, and it's being distributed Radiohead-style. But this time, it's done right.

From http://niggytardust.com :

You will first be asked to enter your e-mail address. This is where you will receive the download link when the album becomes available on November 1.

If you choose to pay for the record, your download will be available in the following formats:

192Kbps MP3
320Kbps MP3
FLAC lossless audio

If you choose not to pay for the record, you will receive it in 192Kbps MP3 format.

All versions include a PDF with artwork and lyrics

All files are 100% DRM free, and can be played on any device. MP3s are encoded with LAME v3.97 and love.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Ron Jones
post Nov 1 2007, 22:01
Post #2

Member No.: 46048

Just wanted to update on this real quickly. The album was released late last night (after some delay), and I downloaded the FLAC copy, which weighs in at around 425 megs. Not only is the lyrics/credits PDF well done, but the ZIP also includes a FLAC Fingerprint, a cue sheet and a playlist in M3U format. The cover art is also a hefty 760x560 JPG.

I'd say the album's hit-and-miss, but this this is an excellent package, and for $5, I'd say it's a steal. This is no In Rainbows.
+Quote Post
Fandango
post Nov 2 2007, 22:12
Post #3

Member No.: 8353

QUOTE (Ron Jones @ Nov 1 2007, 22:01) *
Just wanted to update on this real quickly. The album was released late last night (after some delay), and I downloaded the FLAC copy, which weighs in at around 425 megs. Not only is the lyrics/credits PDF well done, but the ZIP also includes a FLAC Fingerprint, a cue sheet and a playlist in M3U format. The cover art is also a hefty 760x560 JPG.

I'd say the album's hit-and-miss, but this this is an excellent package, and for $5, I'd say it's a steal. This is no In Rainbows.

This is an excellent package! biggrin.gif And guaranteed error-free unlike Audio CDs, hushypushy... wink.gif ...unless they actually ripped it from a CD! ohmy.gif

I'm currently downloading the free version, and I have my doubts that I will like it as I'm not into Hip-Hop at all, although he seems to be one of the better (serious) artists in this genre (despite the quirky Ziggy Stardust reference).

This post has been edited by Fandango: Nov 2 2007, 22:15
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 17:35