Reply to this topicStart new topic
foo_filedate, Simply port to fb2k 0.9
T.P Wang
post Sep 8 2007, 15:44
Post #1

Group: Developer
Member No.: 44175

The origin source is writen by Wizard and the origin topic is here

Modified source is included in the archive.
For those they are NOT interested in the source, just put the .dll file to foobar_path/componets

Chages
v1.0.4
CHANGED: Move update processing to a thread. This should help updating many files at once(tested on 20000+ files, and very fast on querying file date on a common SATA HDD)
FIXED: "prompt user before updating option" doen't work.

v1.0.3
FIXED: filedate will not delay UI now.
ADD: add an option "prompt user before updating" in configuration.

Download
v1.0.4 (Source included in the archive)
Attached File  foo_filedate.7z ( 55.96K ) Number of downloads: 2098

This post has been edited by T.P Wang: Sep 20 2007, 02:12
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
nawhead
post Sep 8 2007, 22:51
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 2507

QUOTE (T.P Wang @ Sep 8 2007, 10:44) *
The origin source is writen by Wizard and the origin topic is here

Modified source is included in the archive.
For those they are NOT interested in the source, just put the .dll file to foobar_path/componets

Download
[attachment=3702:attachment]

Thanks for porting it over! But a suggestion and/or request: Is there a way you could add a confirmation dialog before writing the tag? The way it's implemented now is kind of abrupt and dangerous. Someone could accidentally select this option from the context menu and alter a file when they didn't mean to.
+Quote Post
langoustator
post Sep 9 2007, 17:01
Post #3

Member No.: 3742

Thank you!
+Quote Post
lhnz
post Sep 9 2007, 19:50
Post #4

Member No.: 32185

Thanks. Is there any reason that foobar would lock up when you try and run the command on everything in your libary (or even just a couple of albums?). It's annoying me as there is no way that I have the time to run this on every single artist seperately!
+Quote Post
T.P Wang
post Sep 11 2007, 07:37
Post #5

QUOTE (nawhead @ Sep 9 2007, 05:51) *
Thanks for porting it over! But a suggestion and/or request: Is there a way you could add a confirmation dialog before writing the tag? The way it's implemented now is kind of abrupt and dangerous. Someone could accidentally select this option from the context menu and alter a file when they didn't mean to.

I'll consider an option for prompting this operation first, thanks for your advice.

QUOTE (lhnz @ Sep 10 2007, 02:50) *
Thanks. Is there any reason that foobar would lock up when you try and run the command on everything in your libary (or even just a couple of albums?). It's annoying me as there is no way that I have the time to run this on every single artist seperately!

That's because I use "op_flag_delay_ui" during updating to prevent showing the progress, I'll swith to the traditional way in order to not delay UI again.
+Quote Post
lhnz
post Sep 15 2007, 13:53
Post #6

I actually literally meant lock. My computer locked up and had to be restarted. The lock was so serious I actually had to do a cold boot as one of the times it stopped my computer from detecting the hard drive (or something really messed up like that).
+Quote Post
T.P Wang
post Sep 15 2007, 14:23
Post #7

QUOTE (lhnz @ Sep 15 2007, 20:53) *
I actually literally meant lock. My computer locked up and had to be restarted. The lock was so serious I actually had to do a cold boot as one of the times it stopped my computer from detecting the hard drive (or something really messed up like that).

Now I understand, I'll find a another way to prevent eating up all the HDD I/O resources and locking fb2k.
+Quote Post
Squeller
post Sep 15 2007, 17:11
Post #8

Member No.: 3218

Huh, what is this about? I reckon it gets date information from somewhere and sets the file date to this?

I've seen some additional context menu items like "File date/added". A message box appears with "are you sure" but just an OK button ?! That's rather strange. smile.gif
+Quote Post
T.P Wang
post Sep 19 2007, 12:16
Post #9

QUOTE (lhnz @ Sep 15 2007, 20:53) *

I've updated the new v1.0.4, just have a try.

QUOTE (Squeller @ Sep 16 2007, 00:11) *
Huh, what is this about? I reckon it gets date information from somewhere and sets the file date to this?

This component intends to add some of file date info into metadata, it's of use but not very important for every user.

I've seen some additional context menu items like "File date/added". A message box appears with "are you sure" but just an OK button ?! That's rather strange. smile.gif

Yes, it's strange because it's a bug sad.gif
+Quote Post
pnG
post Sep 19 2007, 13:18
Post #10

Member No.: 37910

is this a foo_ wich adds a tag for last edit of file date?

i.e. the date this file was created (ripped from CD or downloaded)?

if no - is there such a component?
+Quote Post
lhnz
post Oct 18 2007, 23:31
Post #11

Thanks for making this. It's really all my foobar needed, and I'd like to add that the problems I used to have, have all gone now.
Thanks again!
+Quote Post
Melomane
post Oct 23 2007, 00:59
Post #12

Member No.: 4552

T.P Wang

thank you!

small request, for clean apperance in preferences i think it is more logical to put properties for filedate in sub menu tools/tagging (with freedb and quick tagger)

melomane

--------------------
Music is my first love.
+Quote Post
stellis11
post Nov 18 2007, 22:13
Post #13

Member No.: 37029

Two questions:

1. Is there any way to change the "modified" tag in the file to the Windows "modified" value?

For example, if I have foo.mp3 and it was modified yesterday, I want to use foo_filedate to change <MODIFIED> to yesterday. After that, the system's modified value would be today, and foobar's would be yesterday.

I hope that was clear enough.

2. Wizard's plugin thread talked about a way to update ONLY the database. Is there any way to do that with foo_filedate? I don't want to put so much wear and tear on my hard drive by reading/writing 6000 files.
+Quote Post
Canar
post Nov 19 2007, 17:59
Post #14

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 2796

QUOTE (stellis11 @ Nov 18 2007, 14:13) *
2. Wizard's plugin thread talked about a way to update ONLY the database. Is there any way to do that with foo_filedate? I don't want to put so much wear and tear on my hard drive by reading/writing 6000 files.
Database-only updates are not possible in 0.9, so it's not going to happen. Dunno about question 1.

--------------------
You cannot ABX the rustling of jimmies.
No mouse? No problem.
+Quote Post
herojoker
post Oct 16 2008, 15:40
Post #15

Member No.: 46989

I primarily want to sort files by their creation date. Is it possible to use a tag like %created% without modifying the files (IDv3 tags) before? I just want the analogues of foobar2000's %last_modified%.
+Quote Post
langoustator
post Nov 22 2009, 19:50
Post #16

Member No.: 3742

QUOTE (Melomane @ Oct 23 2007, 01:59) *
T.P Wang

thank you!

small request, for clean apperance in preferences i think it is more logical to put properties for filedate in sub menu tools/tagging (with freedb and quick tagger)

melomane

+1, and now that with fb2k v1.0 we can't move context menu items anymore, is it possible to add "File Date/Actions" into the tagging submenu?
+Quote Post
devotron
post Dec 22 2010, 01:01
Post #17

Member No.: 86703

Hello,
This doesnt appear to work with 1.1.1
Does anyone have a similar plugin that I'm having trouble finding?

Thanks
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 20:30