Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
OggVorbis Comments support Padding ?
paultaylor
post Sep 2 2007, 20:38
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19366

My library was having problems reading an OggVorbis File and the problem appears to be there is padding at the end of the VorbisComment. I wasnt expecting this (there is no mention of padding in the spec) and my code fails because I check for the Framing Bit >0 at the end of the packet (at the last byte of the padding) rather than immediately after the last comment, of course without padding this is the same byte.

But what are the rules of padding, there is no mention of it in the VorbisComment, though I found this post that mentions padding:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=36921
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
paultaylor
post Oct 2 2007, 14:19
Post #2

bump..
+Quote Post
SebastianG
post Oct 2 2007, 15:13
Post #3

Group: Developer
Member No.: 12875

The spec doesn't say that the "framing bit" is always at a packet's end. It just directly follows your data. If a packet is padded then the framing bit won't be part of the last byte anymore. This is still within the spec and should not break decoders. You should update your code.

Cheers!
SG
+Quote Post
paultaylor
post Oct 4 2007, 09:39
Post #4

QUOTE (SebastianG @ Oct 2 2007, 15:13) *
The spec doesn't say that the "framing bit" is always at a packet's end. It just directly follows your data. If a packet is padded then the framing bit won't be part of the last byte anymore. This is still within the spec and should not break decoders. You should update your code.

Cheers!
SG

Hi, sorry I wasnt clear I have already updated my code so it checks the packets end and it works. But I wanted to know about the use of padding as padding is not mentioned anywhere.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 02:21