Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Introducing distortion for perceptual testing
freshness
post Jul 27 2007, 14:54
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 45676

Im in the process of developing a listening test for a school project. The goal of the project is to develop system for evaluating listener skills on a predefined set of listening material. I plan to do this using the ABX methodology and I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers on artificially introducing various types of distortion into my reference material.

Ideally, Id like to modify the tracks such that they approximate the response of slightly different audio playback systems. Again, Im looking for ways to introduce subtle realistic tonal imbalances, colorations, changes in articulation, etc.

Thanks
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jlohl
post Jul 27 2007, 19:16
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 25574

QUOTE (freshness @ Jul 27 2007, 15:54) *
if anyone could give me some pointers on artificially introducing various types of distortion into my reference material.

Ideally, Id like to modify the tracks such that they approximate the response of slightly different audio playback systems. Again, Im looking for ways to introduce subtle realistic tonal imbalances, colorations, changes in articulation, etc.

Thanks

try Distorder, you can add various types of distortions and listen in real time, it also includes an ABX tester. It's easy to use.
Other softwares are available at same website to listen to some other audio effects (phase distortion, box diffraction, early reflections, room modes,...)

--------------------
www.ohl.to
+Quote Post
muaddib
post Aug 1 2007, 09:46
Post #3

Group: Developer
Member No.: 289

Latest edition of Fastl & Zwicker 'Psychoacoustics' has a CD with samples and there are some distortions on it.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 01:30