IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Is There A Good 3.5" IDE/SATA Hard Disc Media Player?, hard drive
ngc1967
post Jul 22 2007, 01:39
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 34892

I want to get a Hard Disc Multi-media Player mainly to play my MP3s through the TV but also to play videos and DVDs that I have converted.

I want to find one that can have a 3.5" IDE/SATA hard drive of about 500GB (no more). I am capable of installing it myself or I can get one already installed.

When I search on Google it often comes up with PMPs or 2GB and 4GB media players - not the kind that I have to install an actual hard drive myself.

I am aware of makes such as Sumvision (Aqua and Zengo), Lifebox, MediaLAN, IAMM, DVICO (TVIX) and Rhapsody but I can't find many reviews on which models are better than others and how the software and onscreen menus are displayed (ie. whether the music files are stored in one long directory or under separate artists and albums etc.)

The few reviews I have actually seen all tend to say that 'audio' isn't very well supported!

These seem to be quite new on the market but can anyone point me in the right direction?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Hengest
post Mar 13 2010, 22:53
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 30103

The Western Digital TV products may also be worth looking at, and seem to be well supported too.

http://www.wdtvlive.com/

--------------------
"Lifting Shadows Off a Dream"
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 10:12