IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

AudioTester released - Multi-format audio file test utility, test FLAC, MP3, WavPack, Ogg Vorbis audio files for integrity and repo
goodnews
post Jun 28 2007, 15:25
Post #1

Group: Banned
Member No.: 27228

A new program, Audio Tester, by James Chapman has been released. It is an all-in-one solution that replaces his former OggTester and FLACTester apps. This new utility works on Windows 2000, XP and Vista, and allows you to drag and drop folders of audio files to be tested for errors.

The program is multi-format aware, and automatically tests the integrity of FLAC, MP3, Ogg Vorbis and WavPack files. An easy to use, graphical interface rounds out this handy utlity to test the accuracy of your audio files. Easily find errors and possible corruption in your audio collection files.

Download and get more info here:
http://www.vuplayer.com/other.php
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
sofronitsky
post Jun 30 2007, 01:37
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 43152

Thanks for posting this... The ability to scan entire directories for music files is a great feature that sped up the error-checking process considerably. I checked my entire music collection in just a few hours, with just a few mouse clicks, error checking before usually required selecting each folder separately. Unfortunately this program found a number of errors in some older mp3 files. I don't really understand the errors so perhaps someone can clarify:

(BAD ID3v2 TAG) - Most of the errors found were of this kind. Can I ignore this one? I don't think this will interfere with playback, is there anyway to fix these bad tags?

(BAD STARTING SYNC) - Files with this error played back fine for me... Can't figure this out.

(LOST SYNC @ END OF FILE) - Can't figure this one out either... I listened to these files and found nothing wrong.

The sync error detection worked perfectly. It found errors in some older mp3 files that were ripped carelessly at too high a speed (not using eac), I must have missed the ticks/pops/skips before when listening, so this helped rid my collection of the corrupted files.

What kind of error checking is done with this program? Does it just decode the audio file quickly and detect breaks in the stream? perhaps someone can explain. Also how does checking a flac fingerprint differ from the error checking used by this program? Thanks
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2014 - 04:01