IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Commandline problems
Warmonger
post May 21 2007, 03:28
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 43638

I'm trying to control foobar2000 from the command-line, and I'm having some problems. The /play, /stop, etc. commands work as expected, but if I do foobar2000 /command:"Playback/Play", nothing happens. No errors in foobar, no output on the command prompt. Any idea what could be wrong? This looks like the correct syntax to me.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
foosion
post Nov 15 2012, 14:40
Post #2

Group: FB2K Moderator (Donating)
Member No.: 5153

Have you tried running "foobar2000.exe /?" This command will show a window with the following content.
QUOTE (Command-line Help)
Available switches:
/add <list-of-files> - appends the specified files to the current playlist instead of replacing the playlist content and playing them immediately
/immediate - bypasses the "please wait" dialog when adding files
/play, /pause, /playpause, /prev, /next, /rand, /stop - playback controls
/exit - exits foobar2000
/show, /hide - shows or hides the main foobar2000 window
/config - opens the Preferences dialog
/command:<menu command> - invokes the specified main menu command
/playlist_command:<context menu command> - invokes the specified context menu command on current playlist selection
/playing_command:<context menu command> - invokes the specified context menu command on currently played track
/context_command:<context menu command> <files> - invokes the specified context menu command on the specified files
(Emphasis added)

--------------------
http://foosion.foobar2000.org/ - my components for foobar2000
+Quote Post
chrisjj
post Nov 15 2012, 17:21
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 51389

QUOTE (foosion @ Nov 15 2012, 13:40) *
[b] /playlist_command:<context menu command> - invokes the specified context menu command on current playlist selection

Thanks, I'll try

start "View" /WAIT "%PROGRAMFILES%\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe" /command:"Select All" /playlist_command:"Properties" R:\Dance\00008637207120-1-2.wma
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2014 - 17:24