IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Incomplete WAVs from EAC, Problem tracks taking days - can I open
Robbie
post May 14 2007, 09:49
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 32806

I'm in the process of ripping my entire CD collection to FLAC using EAC and AutoFLAC.

EAC is able to read tracks from a few damaged CD's (light surface scratches) but occasionally a track on one such CD will take a long time.

My only PC is a laptop (with external CD drive and external hard disc for my media) that I also use for work and I often need to take the laptop out with me.

I currently have a track that has been ripping for 3 days. It's currently up to around 4 mins of a 6 min long track, and is now progressing at the rate of around one second every two hours. But tomorrow I'll need to take the laptop out, and will have to cancel EAC.

The previous times I have done this, I've ended up with a large wav file of the ripp so far, which won't play in any of the software I have (WMP, Real Player, etc) or open in Audacity. (Although Tag & Rename does display a correct bit rate and duration for these incomplete files.) So my questions are:

1) Is there anyway I can come back to ripping the track later, and get EAC to continue from where it left off (rather than starting over again, as it does now.

2) Is there anyway I can open the incomplete wav files. (Having 4 mins of a 6 min tack is better than not having it at all. I could always add an end fade with Audacity.) I'm assuming that it won't play or open because some kind of header or tag is not written until the end. Is there any way I could manually add one to make it usable.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
odious_m
post May 15 2007, 03:19
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 31428

QUOTE (Robbie @ May 14 2007, 03:49) *
EAC is able to read tracks from a few damaged CD's (light surface scratches) but occasionally a track on one such CD will take a long time.

Don't forget the Brasso.

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st=?entry334829
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th October 2014 - 15:42