IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

determining read offset - CDSpeed dialog disabled
jonpb
post May 13 2007, 23:00
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 34268

I would like to get the read offset of my LITEON SOHW-832S. The AccurateRip database says it is +12. I only have one CD in the EAC calculation list and, based on that one CD, EAC is saying it is +1006. I downloaded CDSpeed, but the Advanced DAE Quality Test is disabled. I have been searching to find why it is always disabled, does the free version of CDSpeed cripple this feature, or is there something I am doing wrong?

One more question. Once I do get the correct value for the offset and it is positive (+), the way I understand it, since this drive does not have overread into lead-out, I will always be missing the last samples off the last track, correct? It's not that big a deal to lose a couple milliseconds off the last track, what's important is the alignment of all the rest of the tracks. Also, if the correct value turns out to be negative (-), since this drive does have overread into lead-in, in that case, all tracks would be aligned and I would not lose the last samples off the last track, correct?

Thanks
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2014 - 19:52