IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Is it possible to rip and work with Blu-Ray audio, Have new Blu-Ray NIN DVD and would like FLACs
MattLx70
post Mar 6 2007, 02:19
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 27962

If I get a Blu-Ray drive, does anyone have reported success ripping the uncompressed audio track? If so, what tools will do the trick?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
saratoga
post Mar 6 2007, 05:39
Post #2

Member No.: 3264

Software has been released for decrypting Bluray disks. I suggest Doom9 or google.
+Quote Post
MattLx70
post Mar 7 2007, 03:34
Post #3

Member No.: 27962

QUOTE (Mike Giacomelli @ Mar 5 2007, 23:39) *
Software has been released for decrypting Bluray disks. I suggest Doom9 or google.

Tried Google and assumed Doom9 would focus on ripping video. I just want an audio rip from the Blu-Ray. And my understanding is that it's uncompressed multi-channel on many of those discs. I also wondered what format the ripped file would end up as and what tool can be used to mix it down.
+Quote Post
joeshrubbery
post Mar 7 2007, 03:43
Post #4

Member No.: 15236

If you can rip the video, you have to be able to rip the audio with it or else you'd end up with a silent film, no? At this point in time I think you'd need to rip the whole disc and then demux the audio track somehow. I think I've seen some software popping up in the doom9 forums that could do that, although I wasn't paying much attention (not having such hardware to play with myself just yet) so I could be mistaken. Also any tools floating around at this point I'd assume would be quite raw and would take some technical expertise to get working right. The days till we have something as simple as EAC for this sort of task I imagine are quite a ways away from being written.

This post has been edited by joeshrubbery: Mar 7 2007, 03:47
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th December 2014 - 19:15