IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Soundcard for Z2300?
teletina
post Feb 27 2007, 10:00
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 40756

Help me decide which soundcard is best for Logitech Z2300 speakers. I have an old SB Live Value card which is going into my old pc, so i have to buy something to replace it. I was thinking of Auzentech Meridian, but unfortunately i can't get it anywhere, so i need something else. It will be used mostly for movies, music listening and sometimes creation, and ocassionally a game or two (but i can live happily without eax, since i mostly play RPG). I'm not interested in Creative's Crystalizers or any other useless crap they ship with their cards, those things don't matter to me, i just want the card that's best suitable for the speakers. After reading tons of articles on the web, and looking at the stuff available to me, somehow again it seems i should buy a Creative card. Sound wise they're good enough for me, but i always had problems with my Live card, especially after installing the aspi drivers. That was fixed with kx drivers, but there are none for x-fi series.

Any recommendations?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
teletina
post Mar 6 2007, 09:37
Post #2

Member No.: 40756

Ok, since there are no answers, can anyone tell me the difference between SB X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS and pro edition?

This post has been edited by teletina: Mar 6 2007, 09:37
+Quote Post
Mark7
post Mar 6 2007, 11:48
Post #3

Member No.: 6945

QUOTE (teletina @ Mar 6 2007, 09:37) *
Ok, since there are no answers, can anyone tell me the difference between SB X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS and pro edition?

The difference is that the pro has a better DAC (better line out) and it's overpriced wink.gif. But you are going to use digital out so you're not gonna use the DAC. I think the X-fi XtremeGamer will be good enough. I believe this card only has optical digital out, so you have to check it your speakers have optical in.

If you don't want eax you can get any card that has bitperfect digital out smile.gif.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 20:46