Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Weird new copy protection from Universal
deej_1977
post Dec 31 2002, 14:04
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 332

Hi all,

Just bought 'Groove Coverage - God Is A Girl', the Maxi CD. When I wanted to rip it MP3 to play on my Nomad, EAC gave me a very weird TOC: It says that track 1 (an audio track which plays fine on a standard cd player) is a DATA track???

Tracks 2 to 5 are reported as audio tracks (which is normal). So I guess in this new copy protection the audio tracks are surrounded by data tracks now. I've unleashed Isobuster at the cd but it really doesn't help, it rips it as a bin or a tao file... When you try to burn the bin file with Nero it says it will burn it as one large audio file and then produces nothing but garble...

Any ideas on how to make EAC or another program rip this first track as a wave file? If it doesn't that's the last CD I ever bought from Universal! I don't even intend to share my files on the Internet, I just want to play them on my Nomad...

Thanks!

--------------------
No inspiration
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
deej_1977
post Dec 31 2002, 16:28
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 332

QUOTE (_io_ @ Dec 31 2002 - 05:21 PM)
If i remember correctly i thought this problem was solved by disabling auto-start on the cd drive

Wanted to try that but can't find where in Windows XP... In W2k there was a possibility to diable 'auto insert notification', but can't find that in XP. You do't happen to know how I have to do this?

*Edit: found it, they actually place it better in XP smile.gif*

This post has been edited by deej_1977: Dec 31 2002, 16:30

--------------------
No inspiration
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 18:14