IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
burning 24bit FLAC to DVD, I did some searching here and help!
matahari5
post Feb 9 2007, 17:15
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 40470

I tried doing some searching here to answer my question, but either I couldn't find what I was looking for, or I couldn't follow what was being talked about.... I am NOT a techincal expert.

What I am trying to find out, is that I have 24bit FLAC audio files that were/are master recordings of some live concert preformences. I want to know how I can burn these(software to use?) to DVD to retain the higher bitrate versus dithering them back to the 16bit format for cd.

Any help would be welcomed, just please keep the techincal jargon to more of the layman's understanding.

Matahari5
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jcoalson
post Feb 9 2007, 17:30
Post #2

FLAC Developer

Group: Developer
Member No.: 1408

you mean like dvd-audio in DVD-A player? try http://dvd-audio.sourceforge.net/
+Quote Post
Remedial Sound
post Feb 9 2007, 17:34
Post #3

Member No.: 26898

Hi matahari5,

From what you describe in your post, you're essentially just going to burn those flac files as a data disc. If this is indeed the case, you could just as well burn them to regular CD-R (provided they fit) as a data (i.e., not Audio CD) disc. The original 24-bit quality of the recordings will be maintained since you'll just be copying the flac's 1s and 0s to the optical media (DVD or CD).

I don't have a DVD burner (and thus don't burn DVDs), though it appears that the free Infra Recorder is capable of burning DVD data discs.

http://infrarecorder.sourceforge.net/

HTH,
RS

EDIT: perhaps you do mean DVD-A, in which case disregard.

This post has been edited by Remedial Sound: Feb 9 2007, 17:37
+Quote Post
matahari5
post Feb 9 2007, 18:55
Post #4

I guess I was referring to the DVD-A aspect of it. I should have said what software can I use to burn these to DVD and listen to them. You can use plin ol Nero to burn them as data...
+Quote Post
HotshotGG
post Feb 9 2007, 19:01
Post #5

Member No.: 1607

I guess I was referring to the DVD-A aspect of it. I should have said what software can I use to burn these to DVD and listen to them. You can use plin ol Nero to burn them as data...

To make a DVD-A disc Josh hit right on the money with Dave Champmen's DVD Audio Authoring software. The only drawback is that it does not support multichannel stuff yet. You can burn them just a regular data by using regular DVD-R and some CD writing software. You would just need to DVD player that has FLAC decoding built in and I am sure there are plenty of them out there.

--------------------
College student/IT Assistant
+Quote Post
matahari5
post Feb 9 2007, 19:13
Post #6

well I grabbed it and another one(DVD-Audio File) from another 24bit info site-

http://24bit.turtleside.com/

and I will give both a shot and see how it goes....Thanks for your help and time everyone!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 19:35