Reply to this topicStart new topic
streaming audio output of soundcard over network
gaillard
post Nov 20 2006, 02:28
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 26232

Hi guys,

I am having a heck of a time finding something that works similiar to Virtual Audio cable but goes across the network. I assume it will be something that I tell the input is my virtual audio cable output and then to stream it, and I connect on the other end but I can't seem to find anything that will do this. I tried to get VLC to do this but it would let me select virtual audio cable as the input when using the wizard. Any ideas? Thanks everyone.

Jonathan
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
gaillard
post Nov 20 2006, 04:13
Post #2

Member No.: 26232

Ok well I found a program called audiotx multiplex that does exactly what I want, I can broadcast 6 channels worth of audio.

But, The reciver only lets you connect to one! A receiver that I could connect to all the channels would make more sense to me. Anyone know of a way around this?
+Quote Post
kundo
post Jun 9 2008, 00:55
Post #3

Member No.: 49280

Axia ip-audio driver does exactly what you want.

http://www.axiaaudio.com/components/default.htm#Driver

It's too expensive for me. Have you found a solution?
+Quote Post
SebastianG
post Jun 18 2008, 09:21
Post #4

Group: Developer
Member No.: 12875

PulseAudio maybe of use to you. It seems to become a quasi-standard in the linux world. It also supports the Win32 platform.

Cheers,
SG
+Quote Post
dnewhous
post Jul 15 2008, 06:11
Post #5

Member No.: 19550

It isn't really clear what you are trying to do, would a Linksys Soundbridge work well enough? You access it like a virtual soundcard and it has S/PDIF and Toslink outputs.
+Quote Post
osmi
post Jun 28 2011, 14:26
Post #6

Member No.: 91902

I was looking for the same thing and today finnaly found Jamcast.
Jamcast capture audio from soundcard and streams it over lan. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
kraut
post Jun 28 2011, 17:08
Post #7

Member No.: 85965

I use foobar upnp server. Stream from the main server to all other foobar upnp enabled machines.
I can stream from playlist, stream from the net, but also can select to play separately direct from the library.

This post has been edited by kraut: Jun 28 2011, 17:10
+Quote Post
sergeymen
post Mar 26 2012, 19:21
Post #8

Member No.: 5248

Just want to report that I got a working solution using my new Harman Kardon AVR 2650 receiver, which was able to stream both virtual soundcard mode of Jamcast and Playback Stream Capture feature of Foobar2000 + foo_upnp (both in LPCM). The receiver is connected to the computer via wired powerline connection (Netgear XAVB5001).

The DLNA Renderer feature of AVR 2650 is pretty solid. Although it lacks the impressive listing of accepted formats of some dedicated network players (which are probably half-truths anyway, based on my recent experiences), it works with LPCM and MP3 streams reliably. That is all I really need, since all the decoding of all audio formats happens on my computer, and the final stream is then sent to the receiver as LPCM.

Although the receiver had its internet radio and podcast player interface also, I did not like it as much and instead ended up getting the Logitech Squeezebox Touch for easy access to internet radio and podcasts in the living room.

This post has been edited by sergeymen: Mar 26 2012, 19:25
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 08:22