IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

22 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
foo_scheduler, Plugin for scheduling actions like play, stop, system shutdown/wake up
halabund
post Aug 20 2010, 13:43
Post #376

Group: Members
Member No.: 40705

A suggestion:

Add an action to set (actually, disable) Playback -> Stop after current, for additional "safety". It happened to me several times that I had that option enabled by accident before going to sleep. Of course this is just a minor thing.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
3ddfreak
post Sep 20 2010, 22:34
Post #377

Member No.: 39158

The wakeup from standby/hibernate function doesn't work here... I'm sure it worked a few months ago but I haven't been using this plugin for some time...
+Quote Post
rajyogi
post Oct 29 2010, 01:09
Post #378

Member No.: 85024

Thanks for a very nice plugin!

We are looking for the following functionality:

(a) Play a certain number of tracks from a specified playlist, then pause or stop (as specified)

(b) Play a certain number of tracks from one play list, then pause;
play a certain number of tracks from another playlist;
then resume with the first playlist

If anyone can give ideas on how to do this with the current system it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

- Raj
+Quote Post
nevets1219
post Nov 8 2010, 18:25
Post #379

Member No.: 25022

Just wanted to report that during Daylight Savings, the scheduler activated an hour earlier than expected. foobar2000 remained open prior to Daylight Savings and stayed open. I restarted it and then the scheduler activated at the correct time.

Thanks for a great component!
+Quote Post
andrew_smolko
post Nov 9 2010, 09:30
Post #380

Group: Developer
Member No.: 33384

QUOTE (nevets1219 @ Nov 8 2010, 20:25) *
Just wanted to report that during Daylight Savings, the scheduler activated an hour earlier than expected. foobar2000 remained open prior to Daylight Savings and stayed open. I restarted it and then the scheduler activated at the correct time.
Thanks for a great component!

This is a known issue and I can't change anything, it seems to be a bug inside Windows kernel (or a feature smile.gif).
+Quote Post
Rs7
post Nov 14 2010, 09:24
Post #381

Member No.: 85697

QUOTE (3ddfreak @ Sep 20 2010, 23:34) *
The wakeup from standby/hibernate function doesn't work here... I'm sure it worked a few months ago but I haven't been using this plugin for some time...

Go to Control Panel\Power Options\Change Plan Settings\Change Advanced Power Settings\Sleep\Allow Wake Timers,
-> and changing the value to enable 'on battery'/'plugged in' will remediate it.

Thanks andrew_smolko for this component!

This post has been edited by Rs7: Nov 14 2010, 09:28
+Quote Post
eternaldrake
post Jan 19 2011, 11:07
Post #382

Member No.: 87448

Loving this component so far, but was wondering if there was anyway to add Playback>Next or Playback>Previous to an event, because I don't see anyway at all. What I'm trying to do is set it to play a random track from a given playlist at a certain time. I managed a ghetto way to achieve this by adding an empty 1 second track to the top of the playlist and having playback start from track 1 with playlist order set to random, but the actual next/previous would be nice to have.

This post has been edited by eternaldrake: Jan 19 2011, 11:07
+Quote Post
andrew_smolko
post Jan 19 2011, 15:56
Post #383

Update to 4.06, next/prev actions have been added.

This post has been edited by andrew_smolko: Jan 19 2011, 20:40
+Quote Post
Robertina
post Jan 20 2011, 06:37
Post #384

Member No.: 65169

Hello, Andrew,

would it be perhaps possible to add a new Player event "After next x tracks" or something like that? At the moment I have configured an event "On new track" -> "set volume to x dB" in order to balance automatically different volume levels between different podcasts I am listening to.

But if I want to listen to for example seven BBC podcasts which all have the same volume level and then listen to a series of podcasts from another provider with a significantly lower/higher volume I can't add an event "after seven tracks -> set volume to x dB". Instead I have to add the length of these seven BBC podcasts and then to create something like "Set volume to x dB on 19.01.2011 at 18:35".

This example represents one of my typical usage scenarios, so I would be very thankfully if you could consider this addition.
+Quote Post
andrew_smolko
post Jan 20 2011, 21:39
Post #385

There are a few difficulties in implementation of such event, but I'll see what can be done.
+Quote Post
Robertina
post Jan 21 2011, 02:09
Post #386

If no other users are interested in this function please don't spend too much time only for me. In the meantime I became aware that this was a very special request.

Thank you for foo_scheduler.

Robertina.
+Quote Post
Martin F.
post Jan 21 2011, 02:27
Post #387

Member No.: 32930

Robertina, are those files on a local storage device? If so, you could use Replay gain to apply file-specific volume changes.

--------------------
FLAC.
+Quote Post
Robertina
post Jan 21 2011, 04:24
Post #388

Thank you for your contribution, Martin.

The reason why I hesitated to use ReplayGain is my treatment of Podcast episodes which I want to archive (which are always only a few): I am adding a tag to them with the date and time of their download, which is identical to their last modification date and time (%last_modified%) as long as I don't modify these files. Using ReplayGain however would be such a modification. So how I saw my situation was this: either I am mass-tagging in advance all of my podcasts (which are a lot) with the download date and time and then using ReplayGain or I ask Andrew...

I also considered to use VLevel or the compressor coming with mudlord's foo_dsp_effect, but these effects I don't want to have always beeing applied, for example not for some podcasts from France Musique, so I would have to (de)activate them manually. So again I thought the best would be if I could use Scheduler in order to automate a level adjustment on the next x tracks.

I think I need some time to reconsider my situation.
+Quote Post
uzumaki
post Jan 23 2011, 19:15
Post #389

Member No.: 82604

Just letting you know this component moved me off of winamp for good. I had been using a really outdated and buggy scheduling type program to hibernate after a song ends. This is great, thanks!
+Quote Post
andrew_smolko
post Jan 23 2011, 22:11
Post #390

Glad to hear that this plugin is a useful one for many people! smile.gif Thanks for your replies, guys!
+Quote Post
carpman
post Jan 25 2011, 02:54
Post #391

Member No.: 44789

Hi Andrew,

Would it be possible to add as an action a user definable Keyboard Shortcut.
So for example, the user could create under:
Action List > Add > "Remove Duplicates" [for which I have assigned Ctrl + D]
Then right click > Assign Action > "Keyboard Shortcut ..."
This would lead to a box [as per the Keyboard Shortcuts options in Preferences] where the user could enter the shortcut.

Thus in the example above, I'd be able to create an event for every track change whereby duplicates are removed from the playlist. This would be very handy for me in conjuntion with foo_random_pools, which adds tracks randomly and there's no way to prevent duplicates being added. I'm sure there's plenty of other potential uses of such a function too.

Thanks for a great plugin (which I use almost daily), and for considering the above.

C.

--------------------
TAK -p4m :: LossyWAV -q 6 | TAK :: Lame 3.98 -V 2
+Quote Post
smme
post Feb 1 2011, 04:53
Post #392

Member No.: 70572

Thank you for this very useful plugin!

I have a question:
I want foobar playing tracks while foo_scheduler is counting down a delay and then shutting down the machine. So far this works fine. BUT: once the countdown has finished, foobar aborts the current song. How can I manage that the last song does play up to its end before stopping and shutting down?
+Quote Post
Frouu
post Feb 9 2011, 00:20
Post #393

Member No.: 65527

QUOTE (Manticorr @ Jun 13 2010, 02:29) *
Could you re-add Set Mixer Volume? I found that enormously useful. Thanks!

+1
To remove features.. for why??
Staying at v.3
+Quote Post
Crespire
post Feb 10 2011, 05:42
Post #394

Member No.: 57057

Really random ass feature request, though others may find it useful as well.

I would really like an option as an action to switch output devices. I run two sound cards, I have one set up as a speaker system (home theatre), and another set up for just my headphones. I use foo_scheduler as an alarm clock, and sometimes I forget to set the output device back to the speakers before I go to bed.

If I could just make it an action (Set output device), I wouldn't have to worry about this. Like I said, really random request but others may have a use for it. Otherwise, feel free to skip it, I hesitate to say "it'll be easy" but I would appreciate it if this was implemented. Great plugin, thanks to go to you (and foobar tongue.gif) that I can get up every morning on time haha!

This post has been edited by Crespire: Feb 10 2011, 05:48
+Quote Post
Hitchhiker427
post Feb 10 2011, 15:43
Post #395

Member No.: 75848

I have a quick feature request for this plugin. Can we have a main menu command to stop all currently running tasks? Thanks.
+Quote Post
andrew_smolko
post Feb 11 2011, 11:32
Post #396

QUOTE (Frouu @ Feb 9 2011, 02:20) *
QUOTE (Manticorr @ Jun 13 2010, 02:29) *
Could you re-add Set Mixer Volume? I found that enormously useful. Thanks!

+1
To remove features.. for why??

Does v3 "Set Mixer Volume" work in Windows 7 correctly?

QUOTE (Crespire)
I would really like an option as an action to switch output devices.

foobar API doesn't allow this.
+Quote Post
Crespire
post Feb 12 2011, 06:59
Post #397

Member No.: 57057

QUOTE (andrew_smolko @ Feb 11 2011, 05:32) *
QUOTE (Crespire)
I would really like an option as an action to switch output devices.

foobar API doesn't allow this.

Aww, they really should consider it! tongue.gif Cheers.

[edit]

Is the decision to not include output device switching due to a technical reason? I can't think of any other reason it wouldn't be in the API, certainly foobar remains stable when I change output devices from the given options menu. I'm just curious, and directing this question at anyone that has an answer (I know andrew may not know/care why this isn't in the foobar API).

This post has been edited by Crespire: Feb 12 2011, 07:12
+Quote Post
q-stankovic
post Feb 12 2011, 12:25
Post #398

Member No.: 31251

Hello andrew, I have two little requests:

1. Could you add in status window the name of action to the correspondending date/time events. Something like:
At midnight(Once on 01.01.11 at 0:00:00, remove after done): <action name>

2. An suboption for Stop playback action to wait until currently playing track is finished before stopping

--------------------
german support forum: www.foobar-users.de / user: qwert73
+Quote Post
Navegador
post Feb 14 2011, 21:13
Post #399

Member No.: 88181

Hey! I'd love to see a "Convert" action in your plugin, 'cause there's a radio program in my city broadcasted every monday I'd like to record.
+Quote Post
Krautmaster
post Feb 22 2011, 14:04
Post #400

Member No.: 78105

hi there, great component so far.

I have an question...

is it possible to create actions on events like "foobar startup" or "closing foobar"

I want to run a vpn connection script on application launch...

Would be fine =)

thanks
+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2014 - 09:52