IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Changing the default "illegal character" replacement charact, want to change from the underscore to the hyphen
golphcart
post Nov 4 2007, 03:37
Post #26

Group: Members
Member No.: 30918

well, this might work:

only select those files with a forward slash, '/'
(press ctrl+f, search for '&')

now just replace underscores, '_' with ampersands, '&' for the directory names.

obviously this won't work if there are other underscores in the names with forward slashes.

otherwise, i think you're just SOL. i know i was. smile.gif

.... having said all that, it still doesn't explain why Cosmo was able to replace all the characters, where i was not.

This post has been edited by golphcart: Nov 4 2007, 03:52
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
geekmaster1
post Nov 29 2007, 04:45
Post #27

Group: Members
Member No.: 48383

QUOTE (gob @ Sep 16 2006, 23:13) *
i understand what you’re talking about. when using scripts to move and rename files, the $replace() function properly works with ?, <, >, *, and " for both the previews and the actual renaming of the files. but not with /, \, |, or :. when using the latter illegal chars, the preview boxes in the file naming scheme windows will show that $replace(%tag%,'/',-) works, however, the preview box in the move, rename, or copy files window will show that the / is still being replaced with _ and it will be renamed this way also.

you can however use $replace(%tag%,_,-) to replace the /, \, |, and : chars with a string of your choice, just change the - in that script with the string you want.

also, when using $replace(%tag%,_,-), the preview boxes in the file naming scheme windows will show that the / has not been replaced with a -. but the move, rename, or copy files window will, and the file will be renamed this way.

i agree the $replace() function should work with whatever chars you throw at it, and have them properly handled before they are modified for correct filenames.

here is the script that i use to move and rename my albums
CODE
$if(%artist%,$trim($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace(%artist%,?,),<,{),>,}),'"',''),*,+),_,-)),unknown artist)/[%date%'.' ]$if(%album%,$trim($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace(%album%,?,),<,{),>,}),'"',''),*,+),_,-)),unknown album)/$if(%discname%,$trim($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace(%discname%,?,),<,{),>,}),'"',''),*,+),_,-))'/',[%disc%.])[$left(%tracknumber%,2). ]$trim($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace(%title%,?,),<,{),>,}),'"',''),*,+),_,-))

I use
CODE
$replace(%tag%,_,-)
in the mass tagger or the move and or rename thing?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2014 - 19:22