Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Best encoder in VBR and Best Player
SeB
post Dec 3 2002, 16:40
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3953

Hi to all, i really read all the threads and see a lot of information, are in sticky a post who tell about the best encoder for VBR is Lame 3.9.0.2, but it is arround the 24 Oct. and my question is "still it in the 1st possition"?

And i need archive my collection of CDs, i see the best archiving preset is --alt-preset standard, right? I need arround 192k aprox., what about Lame 3.92 for VBR?

The last question, what is the BEST mp3 player?, like Winamp,Qcd?, i really probe only winamp 2x and 3x ( what a sh...)(fatware,slow...)
anybody got betters players?. i have a good equipament for good listening.
Thanks for your help and information.
SeB
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dev0
post Dec 3 2002, 16:55
Post #2

Group: Developer
Member No.: 731

LAME 3.90.2 is still considered the most stable version, but the new 3.93.1 version should be bug-free and provide equal quality, but has not been tested as much as 3.90.2 has.
If you use one of these versions be sure to use --alt-preset standard as your cmd.line.
Good decoders are mpg123 (mpglib, used e.g. in lame), madplay (libmad, Winamp PlugIn available) and the Fraunhofer Decoder (used in Winamp ACM codecs and newer Winamp Versions). Be sure to use aplayer, which uses on of those decoders to get good quality.

dev0
+Quote Post
Guillaume
post Dec 3 2002, 17:06
Post #3

Member No.: 1319

What about the quality of X-Audio? From what I've read about it, it doesn't produce a good sound quality and therefor I still can't figure out why X-Audio is so popular...

This post has been edited by Guillaume: Dec 3 2002, 17:09

--------------------
Listen to Guillaume - EAC/MP3 Guide
I see seven towers, but I only see one way out...
+Quote Post
SeB
post Dec 3 2002, 17:15
Post #4

Member No.: 3953

QUOTE (dev0 @ Dec 3 2002 - 07:55 AM)
LAME 3.90.2 is still considered the most stable version, but the new 3.93.1 version should be bug-free and provide equal quality, but has not been tested as much as 3.90.2 has.
If you use one of these versions be sure to use --alt-preset standard as your cmd.line.
Good decoders are mpg123 (mpglib, used e.g. in lame), madplay (libmad, Winamp PlugIn available) and the Fraunhofer Decoder (used in Winamp ACM codecs and newer Winamp Versions). Be sure to use aplayer, which uses on of those decoders to get good quality.

dev0

ok, do you encode with 3.93.1?, in presets?, what about your results?
and i use RazorLame frontend no cmd, is any diference of Quality/File size? huh.gif

and the players i try to use them.
Thanks.
+Quote Post
john33
post Dec 3 2002, 18:55
Post #5

xcLame and OggDropXPd Developer

Group: Developer
Member No.: 111

QUOTE (SeB @ Dec 3 2002 - 03:40 PM)
The last question, what is the BEST mp3 player?, like Winamp,Qcd?, i really probe only winamp 2x and 3x ( what a sh...)(fatware,slow...)

If you want a good small player, try Martin Pesch's 1by1, available: here. It is able to use the Winamp2 plugins.

--------------------
John
----------------------------------------------------------------
My compiles and utilities are at http://www.rarewares.org/
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 10:04