Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
General Errors when encoding
jawadshafiq
post May 19 2006, 17:38
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 27910

I'm using Lame 3.97b2 with All2Lame 1.9.1, when I encode an mp3 I get this error:

http://www.jawadshafiq.com/All2lameerror.jpg

As u can see, it says General errors: 1

This is the tag configuration i'm using in All2Lame:

http://www.jawadshafiq.com/tagsetting.jpg

Whats up with that ??? whats causing this error ?? I've also noticed that, All2Lame gives this error only when I use tagging.

This post has been edited by jawadshafiq: May 19 2006, 17:43
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Never_Again
post May 20 2006, 08:30
Post #2

Group: Members (Donating)
Member No.: 13152

For Tag to be able to guess tag fields from the filename, at least one field must be present in the filename. You need to re-rip the CD with the CD/track data retrieved from freedb; or better yet, do it manually in fb2k with its freedb and Masstagger functions.
+Quote Post
jawadshafiq
post May 20 2006, 10:01
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 27910

QUOTE (Never_Again @ May 20 2006, 12:30) *
For Tag to be able to guess tag fields from the filename, at least one field must be present in the filename. You need to re-rip the CD with the CD/track data retrieved from freedb; or better yet, do it manually in fb2k with its freedb and Masstagger functions.

O.k. so that means that in the tag configuration I can select "Custom file name scheme:" and leave it empty ??? or select "Copy tags from source files" even though the wave file dosn't have any tag.... ??? right ??
+Quote Post
Never_Again
post May 23 2006, 13:29
Post #4

Group: Members (Donating)
Member No.: 13152

Neither. You need to re-rip the tracks first.

With your current ripping settings, the tracks's filenames don't any info in them for Tag to guess. Retrieve the CD/track info from freedb in EAC, than set Naming scheme under EAC Options/Filename to (for example): %A (%Y) %C\%N_%T_%Y (single artist) and %C (%Y)\%N_%A_%T_%Y (various artists). Proceed to set up Tag with custom filename scheme A (Y) L\N_T_Y (or L (Y)\N_A_T_Y for various artists).

The above schemes are just for an example, you can set up your own using the hover tips in EAC and All2Lame as reference. The bottom line is that you cannot have your files tagged automatically, if they are ripped as "Track01.wav".
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2014 - 15:56