IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Burning Gapless CD's
indybrett
post Nov 19 2002, 19:13
Post #1

Group: Members (Donating)
Member No.: 1440

I've tried a few other resources to see if I can figure this out, hopefully someone hear can help.

I sometimes have large WAV files that need to be split into individual audio tracks. It is my understanding that these need to be split on sector boundaries to burn perfectly gapless CD's.

I've tried a couple of differerent methods for doing this. I use a program called CDWave to split the file. This program is designed to split on sector boundries. Then I take the WAV files and burn them DAO, making sure to remove the 2 second gaps that Nero wants to put in by default.

The other method I have tried is to just leave it as one huge WAV file, and use a CUE sheet to define the tracks.

Either way, I have had mixed results. Although I don't get pops in between the tracks, there is still a slight hesitation between some tracks.

Using a CUE sheet, the track marks did not come out the same on my CD player as what was in the CUE file.

Hmmmmm....

Maybe someone can suggest what I might be missing here. I hope so.

Thanks,

Brett

--------------------
flac>fb2k>kernel streaming>audiophile 2496>magni>dt990 pro
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
M
post Nov 21 2002, 03:28
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 830

QUOTE (indybrett @ Nov 20 2002 - 09:01 PM)
The WAV files were 48KHz. You nailed it {M}. I guess Feurio was resampling on the fly. Now that I know that, I think I'll go back and convert to 44.1 with something different before I burn.

Thanks everyone.

Brett

Glad I could help. smile.gif

- M.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th December 2014 - 00:12