12 Pages V  « < 11 12  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
CoverDownloader, Walmart+Amazon so far
SuperPhly
post Jan 7 2007, 06:23
Post #281

Group: Members
Member No.: 13790

I am unable to overwrite my folder.jpg for each of my albums. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Marc Landis
post Jan 10 2007, 17:00
Post #282

Member No.: 39513

Hi,

I took the source and I am currently working on a new version with features I like to have.

Please post your suggestions so I can try to add them too.

Marc
+Quote Post
mobyduck
post Jan 10 2007, 18:27
Post #283

Member No.: 6159

QUOTE (Marc Landis @ Jan 10 2007, 08:00) *
Please post your suggestions so I can try to add them too.
Well, sometimes it hogs my CPU and I have to stop the process via task manager. It would be nice if you could fix that: if you need further information don't hesitate to ask. wink.gif

A new feature I'd like to see is a customizable filter-by-size option (as in "Only images 300x300 and above" for example).

Oh and, thank you for your time.

Alessandro
+Quote Post
2Pacalypse
post Jan 10 2007, 19:09
Post #284

Member No.: 24739

is there any way you could make it portable (i havent actually tried it to find out if it currently is)
+Quote Post
Marc Landis
post Jan 10 2007, 21:52
Post #285

QUOTE (mobyduck @ Jan 10 2007, 18:27) *
Well, sometimes it hogs my CPU and I have to stop the process via task manager. It would be nice if you could fix that: if you need further information don't hesitate to ask. wink.gif

I noticed the same and will look into it.

QUOTE (2Pacalypse @ Jan 10 2007, 19:09) *
is there any way you could make it portable (i havent actually tried it to find out if it currently is)

I use it on my USB-Stick and it works fine.

Marc

This post has been edited by Marc Landis: Jan 10 2007, 21:52
+Quote Post
mazy
post Jan 11 2007, 13:12
Post #286

Member No.: 7705

Marc Landis, that's a great news that you're going to continue the development of coverdownloader. my requests are these:
  • cover's size overlay on the program's side (toggle)
  • sort covers by size inside groups (toggle)
  • (i really long for this) quick way (probably as another context menu entry) to save image with name pre-set in the save dialog to artist - album string. it should remember the folder used between sessions (as "save as..." does now). the reason i would like this is that while searching for album art i sometimes get results which are not the right ones but interesting ones nonetheless. i would like to save them to one folder with name set to their titles to look them up later.

--------------------
info about my tag guesser script for foo_lua (preview version available):
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?showtopic=16987
+Quote Post
hal9001
post Jan 12 2007, 20:25
Post #287

Member No.: 27172

To complete Mazy's requests:

* Images have a name written next to them. I'd like to see the ability to edit/copy that name (i.e. turn it into something I can mark with my mouse) to facilitate saving.

* "Browse" checkbox does next to nothing. I don't really get what it's for, probably.

* Google image search doesn't seem to work sad.gif

* Auto-replace illegal filename characters (mainly ? /) to dashes (or anything else, for that matter. Since the filname area is way too small to scroll and find the illegal character (automatically inserted by fb2k's run command), it's sort of crucial.

* Add a "stop all threads/transfers" button. At present I need to wait quite a lot for the app to quit.

* add image size to image name preview.

* Recently I came across a Firefox extension that can create a customized search (for the search bar) from literally every search field on a website. I don't know if it could help this app in any way, but it would be neat if users could add their own sites to search in, mainly for obscure countries and such: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3698/
+Quote Post
AlexVallat
post Jan 12 2007, 21:56
Post #288

Group: Developer
Member No.: 33465

QUOTE (hal9001 @ Jan 12 2007, 19:25) *
it would be neat if users could add their own sites to search in, mainly for obscure countries and such

You can add your own sites to search in, if you write a script for them. Unfortunately this is considerably trickier to do than just specifying which fields to search on, as you then need to parse the resulting pages to find the images, and so on. I don't think this can be machine-automated, as each source is unique.

If you do find an interesting source, then posting it in this thread is usually a good start to get people interested in writing a script for it, if you don't have the skills yourself.

Alex
+Quote Post
Marc Landis
post Jan 15 2007, 15:48
Post #289

Hi,

I started a new Thread, so I will be able to update the first post if a new version is released.

Album Art Downloader

This post has been edited by Marc Landis: Jan 15 2007, 15:48
+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 11 12
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 12:48