IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Transfer FLAC files from HDD to HDD gives errors!
Guy Smiley
post Feb 17 2006, 18:04
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 26957

Hey all,

So I've got a few FLAC files on one hard drive that I transferred to another hard drive by simply 'copy' and 'paste' in windows explorer.

However, now when I try to play these files, in foobar for example, I get tons of decoding errors. I double checked, and the original files (still on the first HDD) play just fine with no errors.

Anyone have any idea what's going on here? Obviously the simple copy and paste is not being executed accurately.

Is there a way to accurately transfer data from one HDD to another?

Thanks,
Guy Smiley laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
grindlestone
post Feb 19 2006, 00:07
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 15447

I find your problem quite disturbing. I wonder if it might be related to either your overclock or the mix of PATA and SATA you have installed.

I have the same motherboard, fitted out with a Thoroughbred 2400+. I have found that when I overclock the CPU speed (even a little) I get unpredictable results on things like encodes (admittedly not on file copies). For example, last night I ran a few Xvid encodes and ended up with two unplayable files. However, upping the FSB to 400 from the stock 266 and reducing the multiplier to maintain the stock 2000mhz results in perfect and much improved performance (an extra 20% on encoding). Perhaps itís something you could try.

I was considering buying a big SATA drive to add to my system which already has to Seagate PATA drives installed. Now I am thinking twice about mixing them on the same system.
+Quote Post
rutra80
post Feb 20 2006, 21:32
Post #3

Group: Members (Donating)
Member No.: 8821

QUOTE (grindlestone @ Feb 19 2006, 01:07 AM)
I find your problem quite disturbing. I wonder if it might be related to either your overclock or the mix of PATA and SATA you have installed.

I have the same motherboard, fitted out with a Thoroughbred 2400+. I have found that when I overclock the CPU speed (even a little) I get unpredictable results on things like encodes (admittedly not on file copies). For example, last night I ran a few Xvid encodes and ended up with two unplayable files. However, upping the FSB to 400 from the stock 266 and reducing the multiplier to maintain the stock 2000mhz results in perfect and much improved performance (an extra 20% on encoding). Perhaps it’s something you could try.

I was considering buying a big SATA drive to add to my system which already has to Seagate PATA drives installed. Now I am thinking twice about mixing them on the same system.

Well this is disturbing me too as I'm going to get AN7 (slightly modernized NF7) soon to overclock my 2500+ to 3200+. Could you please run memory test from Microsoft or memtest86+ or Prime95 to see if you get any errors?

This post has been edited by rutra80: Feb 20 2006, 21:33
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2014 - 14:07