IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Transfer FLAC files from HDD to HDD gives errors!
Guy Smiley
post Feb 17 2006, 18:04
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 26957

Hey all,

So I've got a few FLAC files on one hard drive that I transferred to another hard drive by simply 'copy' and 'paste' in windows explorer.

However, now when I try to play these files, in foobar for example, I get tons of decoding errors. I double checked, and the original files (still on the first HDD) play just fine with no errors.

Anyone have any idea what's going on here? Obviously the simple copy and paste is not being executed accurately.

Is there a way to accurately transfer data from one HDD to another?

Thanks,
Guy Smiley laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Kef
post Feb 17 2006, 20:31
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 26157

QUOTE (Guy Smiley @ Feb 17 2006, 07:04 PM)
Hey all,

So I've got a few FLAC files on one hard drive that I transferred to another hard drive by simply 'copy' and 'paste' in windows explorer.

However, now when I try to play these files, in foobar for example, I get tons of decoding errors. I double checked, and the original files (still on the first HDD) play just fine with no errors.

Anyone have any idea what's going on here? Obviously the simple copy and paste is not being executed accurately.

Is there a way to accurately transfer data from one HDD to another?

Thanks,
Guy Smiley  laugh.gif

What motherboard/chip-set do you have? There have been reports of data corruption ,copying data between two physical harddrives, on several of the nForce chip sets. I believe the same applies to several other chip-sets as well. Try to upgrade to the latest bios and you could also try to disable dma on you harddrives (Yes, it will slow down a lot) and see if that helps.

/Kef
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th December 2014 - 18:12