IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Winamp Plugin: Cd Reader, Extraction speed not reset on exit
Destroid
post Oct 25 2002, 21:17
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2220

Using version 1.95, if I happen to have played a CD with Winamp + CD Reader the default speed (4x) is the limit that some ripping progs will run afterwards. I tried to email the author but his posted email address from the docs and the main site returned as invalid.

Setting CD Reader to maximum and re-opening Winamp on an audio CD is one workaround but not a great one since lower reading speeds using CD Reader is a good way to save wear on CD drives. If the author could be reached I was going to suggest that CD Reader could reset the CD drive speed upon closing Winamp.

I wonder how many people who use CD Reader might have thought their ripper was slow through no fault of its own huh.gif

--------------------
"Something bothering you, Mister Spock?"
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Destroid
post Oct 26 2002, 21:21
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 2220

My drive is a Plextor 16x10x40x.

I know it's hard to understand the wording of my previous message but it really is beyond the ripper's capability to change the drive speed after it's already running. You see, I'm peeking at the CD with Winamp, then checking boxes to extract tracks, and so on.

The CD Reader bug isn't very serious but I thought discussing this at HA would be the next best way of finding a way to inform the author since direct contact has failed.

--------------------
"Something bothering you, Mister Spock?"
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2014 - 07:23