IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

NSTL WMA Pro listening test, MS claims test proves WMA Pro > HE-AAC
[JAZ]
post Jan 11 2006, 21:40
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2383

QUOTE (gameplaya15143 @ Jan 11 2006, 03:32 AM)
i think they are 'supposed' to represent a % quality.. but they are just high-to-low (or should it say low-to-lower... uh oh.. i better watch out for tos8)

Have you heard problems with a ~240Kbps VBR (Q98) wma 9.1 file to say it is low quality?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Woodinville
post Jan 12 2006, 01:01
Post #2

Member No.: 18957

QUOTE ([JAZ] @ Jan 11 2006, 12:40 PM)
QUOTE (gameplaya15143 @ Jan 11 2006, 03:32 AM)

i think they are 'supposed' to represent a % quality.. but they are just high-to-low (or should it say low-to-lower... uh oh.. i better watch out for tos8)

Have you heard problems with a ~240Kbps VBR (Q98) wma 9.1 file to say it is low quality?

How about this new report (DBT and all) on WMA Pro quality?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...Comparison.aspx

--------------------
-----
J. D. (jj) Johnston
+Quote Post
singaiya
post Jan 12 2006, 21:49
Post #3

Member No.: 3830

I found it interesting that at the very bottom of the pdf report, they write "NSTL does not guarantee the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the services provided to Microsoft or the data included herein." I know that disclaimers are common, but in this case it seems ironic especially for a company that on the same page claims "NSTL is the leading independent information technology testing organization for the computer industry, dedicated to providing high quality services and test tools to hardware developers, software publishers, government agencies and corporations."

Also for such an large testing group I think they should have included more types of music such as classical and jazz. It's nearly all rock/pop oriented.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2014 - 12:55