LAME high bitrate files in l3codeca.ax
menno
post Jan 4 2006, 15:46
Post #1

Nero MPEG4 developer

Group: Developer (Donating)
Member No.: 267

Hi,

I found a problem with LAME high bitrate CBR files (256 kbps and 320 kbps only it seems) when playing them back using l3codecx.ax. It happens only when the decoder decodes a frame of silence (where LAME produces some version messages and 0x55 fillup bytes to keep up to a constant bitrate). After that the decoder will not produce sound anymore, but only silence. It also happens when such a silence frame occurs somewhere in the middle of a file.

EDIT: It's not a problem with the ACM filter it's a problem with the DirectShow filter for MP3 decoding that comes with Windows. The version info says: MPEG Layer 3 Audio Decoder version 1.5 (build 50). This filter is called l3codecx.ax, not l3codeca.acm smile.gif

Is this a known problem? Any easy solutions for it? FhG encoded high bitrate CBR files don't have this problem (it fills up with 0xFF and no version messages).

Menno

This post has been edited by menno: Jan 4 2006, 16:21
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
robert
post Jan 4 2006, 17:30
Post #2

LAME developer

Group: Developer
Member No.: 5

Menno, did you try some more recent Fhg Direct Show filter too, like version 1.9.0.311?
+Quote Post
menno
post Jan 4 2006, 19:00
Post #3

Nero MPEG4 developer

Group: Developer (Donating)
Member No.: 267

QUOTE (robert @ Jan 4 2006, 05:30 PM)
Menno, did you try some more recent Fhg Direct Show filter too, like version 1.9.0.311?

Well, it only matters to me that it doesn't work with this version, because Nero falls back to this codec when Nero is installed without any mp3 codec. So we have to find some way that the files will work with this decoder.

I'll try to get some info from someone at FhG.

Menno
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2014 - 19:06