Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Help with acdir and lame
ilikedirtthe2nd
post Dec 9 2005, 15:51
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 352

Hi,

what I'm trying to do is using a wav image + cuesheet as input for lame to automaticly create files using the "--nogap" option.

I found info about lame with cuesheet input here. The patch is outdated and it's successor is "acdir" which interprets and pipes the cuesheet to lame or other encoders.

Now, I want to to exactly the same thing the patch did with acdir: Take an image and encode it to a series of files using the --nogap option, but acdir seems to refuse the setting of --nogap or better: it parses it to lame but no mp3s are created.

I know that --nogap is quite a cripple workaround, but I'd still like to be able to create mp3s that play gapless on hardware players, that don't read the lame info tag, in one step - you know most don't...

Anyone has got the same problem as I have an solved it? wink.gif

Regards; ilikedirt
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Synthetic Soul
post Dec 9 2005, 16:45
Post #2

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 16217

I'm not really familiar with --nogap - however I see that it requires you to pass all files in one command line to LAME.

ACDIR works by passing data to LAME one track at a time - so I don't see how it could work in one step.

The way I see it, you need to get ACDIR to split the wave to track waves (using --extract), and then use something like GLOB.EXE to send them all to LAME - and then presumably delete the temporary track waves.

Whether this multi-step process (which could be done easily with a batch file) is to your taste, or whether there are simply easier ways of going about things, is another matter.

If this process is acceptable I'm sure we could help with comand lines if you have problems.

--------------------
I'm on a horse.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 03:25