Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Possible Bug In Dbpoweramp: Tagging Flac, Program is shutting down with a gpf
Emanuel
post Oct 9 2002, 17:37
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 999

I'm not the only one that have found the new tagging support in Flac very usable, especially when using dbPowerAMP for converting to different lossy formats with the taggings preserved. Ok, the confusion between date/year tag is a bit annoying. EAC can be set up for automatic tagging of flac files when extracting audio, and it works good - except the fact that I couldn't get international characters to display properly in the tag info of Winamp or dbPowerAMP.

So, this (afaik) has to be fixed manually. dbPowerAMP with Powerpack was my choice, but it keeps on hanging the program, resulting in corrupted/unsusable audio files!

The error occurs as soon as the file is about to be updated with the new tagging info. It doesen't matter if I deal with updating an existing tag or a tag-empty file. After this error, and if the Popup Info is enabled, I cannot even move the mouse pointer over a flac file in Explorer withot getting an error message from GetPopupInfo.exe.

My system is WinXP. Anyone has the same experience? Spoon: I'll gladly provide you with more details.

--------------------
http://forum.studio.se (in Swedish)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
spoon
post Oct 15 2002, 21:19
Post #2

dBpowerAMP developer

Group: Developer (Donating)
Member No.: 1615

Sorry for the late reply (I only ever look at the last 10 active messages).

Can you lead me through the crash? I create an non tagged flac file, then add a tag to it (just Artist) and it goes in fine.

I will get around to fixing the ogg date bug, I will do the flac one at the same time.

--------------------
Spoon http://www.dbpoweramp.com
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 06:35