IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Volunteers for ABC/HR listening tests needed, help me evaluate my thesis results
legg
post Jun 28 2005, 01:46
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20386

Only ABC/HR, no ABX needed, this should make tests faster and give an indication of the expected quality rather than a boolean indicator of transparency.

I implemented a transform codec as my thesis project, the work is finished and all I need is some subjective evaluation of the quality expected. I'm comparing it against LAME @ 256kbps and Nero LC AAC @ 256kbps.

The most predominant artifacts are pre-echo (no adaptive block), distortion on highly tonal signals and right before silence, aka fade out (I suspect the bit allocation routine needs improvements).

Anyway, for those interested in helping, I'm using ff123's ABC/HR program, I was adviced later by guruboolez to use ABC/HR for Java, but I was already gathering information on the other program.

The download is 100MB, all reference files are losslessly compressed using FLAC, I made a .bat file to decompress them all to WAV as required by the program, running decode.bat is all you need (as flac.exe is also included *gasp*). The ABC/HR program is also included (I hope ff123 does not have a problem with this), and the tests are already set up, all you need to do is open the test files (the text files on the root directory) and start testing.

The URL for the download is here

Thanks in advance, any help will be much greatly appreciated and cited in the document.

Edit: to add the fade out artifact, which I forgot to mention.

This post has been edited by legg: Jun 29 2005, 01:10

--------------------
Home page: http://lc.fie.umich.mx/~legg/indexen.php
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 15:05