IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hydrogenaudio Forum Rules

- No Warez. This includes warez links, cracks and/or requests for help in getting illegal software or copyrighted music tracks!
- No Spamming or Trolling on the boards, this includes useless posts, trying to only increase post count or trying to deliberately create a flame war.
- No Hateful or Disrespectful posts. This includes: bashing, name-calling or insults directed at a board member.
- Click here for complete Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Split from 1.01j encoder vs 1.15u - controversy
tool++
post Jun 19 2005, 12:12
Post #26

Group: Members
Member No.: 22329

Guru, take serious consideration to being one hell of a lot less argumentative and confrontational - I was only trying to summarize in such a way that both parties can meet an argumentative compromise

Seed does need to take the critisism though.

What codec should I use? AAC? Ogg?

--------------------
hi
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
guruboolez
post Jun 19 2005, 12:15
Post #27

Group: Members (Donating)
Member No.: 420

QUOTE (tool++ @ Jun 19 2005, 12:12 PM)
Guru, take serious consideration to being one hell of a lot less argumentative and confrontational - I was only trying to summarize in such a way that both parties can meet an argumentative compromise

OK, fine. But could you explain your summary. You said that my attitude wasn't creative enough. I repeat: I don't understand. I made a test, which was intended to be the first step to further investigation. What did I miss according to you?

P.S. It's not a cynical reply: I really don't understand what you tried to say previously.
+Quote Post
Gabriel
post Jun 19 2005, 14:25
Post #28

LAME developer

Group: Developer
Member No.: 138

QUOTE (guruboolez @ Jun 19 2005, 12:15 PM)
You said that my attitude wasn't creative enough.

You are probably missing some flowers and a little bit more of blue color. This would have been more creative...
+Quote Post
guruboolez
post Jun 19 2005, 14:48
Post #29

Member No.: 420

laugh.gif
I see. For the next test, what is better: writing the report in alexandrine or in haiku style?
+Quote Post
Jebus
post Jun 20 2005, 00:19
Post #30

Group: Developer
Member No.: 5541

Guru I didn't mean to imply that Seed was justified, just that he responded agressively when he interpreted your listening test as an attack on his "baby". At least that's my impression. He's totally wrong in doing so of course, and I hope your (highly enlightening) listening tests continue, since I read each and every one of them avidly.
+Quote Post
user
post Jun 24 2005, 15:23
Post #31

Group: Members
Member No.: 277

I say many thanks to Guruboolez' continued efforts, great publishing work !
And subscribe the old answers of Roberto and Guru to the aggressive posts of Seed.
But I don't wanna heat the discussion up again, it is really time to cool down (yeah, maybe it is the weather, very hot days recently in germany and Europe). Of course it is difficult to to view his own work from a distance, but necessary in technical questions, as especially the work on the best lossy encoder of the world will never be finished... (regard the different profiles, bitrates, from "really transparency" to 99.999% population of critical ears at higher bitrates down to "transparency for 95% of the population", down to best compromises for low bitrates for portable devices, where bitrate counts.
So, we see here, that the work on an encoder is hard work, and needs to be apprecited a lot, so many thanks to all previous developers and the current dev.-team, especially Seed.

--------------------
www.High-Quality.ch.vu -- High Quality Audio Archiving Tutorials
+Quote Post
Tang
post Jun 30 2005, 10:00
Post #32

Member No.: 11536

QUOTE (guruboolez @ Jun 19 2005, 05:48 AM)
laugh.gif
I see. For the next test, what is better: writing the report in alexandrine or in haiku style?

Blind alexandrine? biggrin.gif
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th December 2014 - 07:36