IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

List your suggestions to improve the forum.
JohnV
post Sep 30 2001, 16:34
Post #1

Group: Developer
Member No.: 6

Here are some of the improvement suggestions I have/have heard so far:

- Fast forum selection menu to the home-page (jump instantly to the specific forum)

- Rename the subforums: From Vorbis-General to Vorbis - Vorbis General etc. At the moment you don't see at the "View New Post"-page if the thread refers to Vorbis General, AAC General, MP3 General, etc. You just see it refers to General -forum, which can be any of the General forums.

- Link to longer "Latest Discussions" list page. Home page "Latest Discussions"-title should be a link which would open similar but longer list (maybe 20-25 or even better if you could choose it) of latest discussions. It would always show longer list of latest dicussions no matter if threads are marked read already.

--------------------
Juha Laaksonheimo
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Dibrom
post Oct 1 2001, 08:34
Post #2

Founder

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Originally posted by Jon Ingram
Would it be possible to always include a link to 'view unread posts' at the top right of the page? At the moment it's displayed on some pages, but not on others, and I have to click around until it appears.

Another option would be to have the option to 'only view unread posts' -- just like a news reader, which is effectively what you are writing. (and access to the threads via NNTP would be interesting, but probably not just a couple of minutes coding).

When you post something and then select 'view unread posts', the article you posted is listed as 'unread' -- this should probably be changed.

It would be nice for the threads you have previously posted in before to be distinguished in some way, in case you forgot that you were interested in them smile.gif

Some of these things I may be able to address, some I may not be able to. I'm not sure if I can have an absolute "view unread posts" as in unread period since you joined the forum, but I can include a seperate link to the "view new posts" on each page, which shows threads which have had new posts since your last visit.

I'm not sure about the last part though, except you can select "recieve updates to this thread" which basically subscribes you to the thread.

[b]Not a problem, but it might be an idea to hide admin options from people that aren't admins -- might make the interface a little less cluttered.

Are these options you are seeing on the main portal page? or the forum page?

[b]Other than that -- this is probably the best forum I've seen of its type.

Thanks smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2014 - 00:08