IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

List your suggestions to improve the forum.
JohnV
post Sep 30 2001, 16:34
Post #1

Group: Developer
Member No.: 6

Here are some of the improvement suggestions I have/have heard so far:

- Fast forum selection menu to the home-page (jump instantly to the specific forum)

- Rename the subforums: From Vorbis-General to Vorbis - Vorbis General etc. At the moment you don't see at the "View New Post"-page if the thread refers to Vorbis General, AAC General, MP3 General, etc. You just see it refers to General -forum, which can be any of the General forums.

- Link to longer "Latest Discussions" list page. Home page "Latest Discussions"-title should be a link which would open similar but longer list (maybe 20-25 or even better if you could choose it) of latest discussions. It would always show longer list of latest dicussions no matter if threads are marked read already.

--------------------
Juha Laaksonheimo
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
2Bdecided
post Dec 2 2011, 17:53
Post #2

ReplayGain developer

Group: Developer
Member No.: 409

I think one big improvement would be some mechanism to stop people from replying to threads that are several years old.

At least, there should be some kind of pop-up warning when they hit reply on a really old thread "This thread is X years old - are you sure you want to reply?" before they can type their reply.

It would stop people accidentally answering questions years after the OP has moved on!

What do you think Dibrom?

Cheers,
David.
+Quote Post
kwanbis
post Dec 2 2011, 18:25
Post #3

Group: Developer (Donating)
Member No.: 2425

QUOTE (2Bdecided @ Dec 2 2011, 17:53) *
I think one big improvement would be some mechanism to stop people from replying to threads that are several years old.
David.

Isn't it ironic you are replying to a 10 years old post?

--------------------
MAREO: http://www.webearce.com.ar
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 13:45