post Aug 30 2008, 16:41
Post #4651

Group: Members
Member No.: 48260

QUOTE (Baldurien @ Aug 30 2008, 17:16) *
QUOTE (_stranger_ @ Aug 27 2008, 11:37) *

artwork source:
$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)front

you can refresh artwork in a NG Playlist by switching to another playlist and then switching back.

I'm not sure to understand?

Are you telling me that I should use absolute path? eg: $replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)/../front ?
no... just put
CODE
$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)front
in your source field without any modification.
that's relative path... not absolute.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Baldurien
post Aug 30 2008, 17:02
Post #4652

Member No.: 37578

Sorry, but $replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)front display an absolute path (I put it in a column to test what it makes).

And still it does not display the artwork

[edit] ah ah. I found smile.gif In fact, it seems that Artwork does not support multiple source at that time :/

This post has been edited by Baldurien: Aug 30 2008, 17:49

--------------------
La Bibliothèque de NWN - http://www.bbnwn.eu
+Quote Post
_stranger_
post Aug 30 2008, 17:38
Post #4653

Member No.: 48260

QUOTE (Baldurien @ Aug 30 2008, 18:02) *
Sorry, but $replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)front display an absolute path (I put it in a column to test what it makes).

And still it does not display the artwork
if you keep artwork in album folder that source should work (i'm using that pattern).

and again no... that's not absolute path because for a different album it will be different path. (test that preview on another album and you will see that path is different)

e.g.
for c:\Music\Artist 1\Album A\file 1.mp3 it will be c:\Music\Artist 1\Album A\front
but for a c:\Music\Artist 2\Album D\file 1.mp3 it will be c:\Music\Artist 2\Album D\front
... and that's exactly what you need... if your artwork is in album folder.

btw... can you write here that path from preview.
+Quote Post
Dernhelm
post Aug 30 2008, 20:31
Post #4654

Member No.: 50812

Hello,
sorry to bother you again... I have a little question.
It's about the moving of an item in columns playlist.

It seems that, when I move a track, the "written line of the track" follows the cursor but I prefer when there is only a thin line following the cursor, setting itself between the "written lines" of the other tracks.

Could you please explain to me how to "revert" to this type of "moving mode" please ?

Thanks.

This post has been edited by Dernhelm: Aug 30 2008, 20:31
+Quote Post
Baldurien
post Aug 30 2008, 22:33
Post #4655

QUOTE (_stranger_ @ Aug 30 2008, 17:38) *
if you keep artwork in album folder that source should work (i'm using that pattern).

and again no... that's not absolute path because for a different album it will be different path. (test that preview on another album and you will see that path is different)

e.g.
for c:\Music\Artist 1\Album A\file 1.mp3 it will be c:\Music\Artist 1\Album A\front
but for a c:\Music\Artist 2\Album D\file 1.mp3 it will be c:\Music\Artist 2\Album D\front
... and that's exactly what you need... if your artwork is in album folder.

btw... can you write here that path from preview.

Oh my smile.gif I think you are misunderstanding me smile.gif When I speak of absolute path, it is not a path stored in raw (eg: as if I put /path/to/artwork to front artwork source) but a path with all information, eg: C:/Program Files/Foobar 2000/foobar2000.exe while a relative is relative to the file being processed like the example below.

However, my problem is solved: I thought that it was possible to use several source, so I had "../Disc 1/front;../front;front" (all path are relative to the item being processed)

Which would have transformed into (for G:\music\game2\Seiken Densetsu\[01] Sword of Mana (Shinyaku Seiken Densetsu)\Disc 2\01 - Grateful Memories.mp3)

G:\music\game2\Seiken Densetsu\[01] Sword of Mana (Shinyaku Seiken Densetsu)\Disc 1\front
G:\music\game2\Seiken Densetsu\[01] Sword of Mana (Shinyaku Seiken Densetsu)\front
G:\music\game2\Seiken Densetsu\[01] Sword of Mana (Shinyaku Seiken Densetsu)\Disc 2\front

And then Artwork would have to search for one of the three artwork (taking the first existing) like Pretty Popup does.

But since it does not support multiple source, it is quite normal that my rules does not succeed smile.gif

I found a lazy solution : I use "$num(%DISCNUMBER%,2).00 front" as front Artwork sources, and I removed the directory structure for album with multiple disc, so that it can find the source in the right place.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Harun
post Aug 31 2008, 08:34
Post #4656

Member No.: 41449

Filter feature question: would it be possible to use the Filters to browse through whichever playlist is currently active?

because for larger playlists, it would be sooooooooo much easier to go through with the ability to browse through them with Filter - instead of sorting the playlist by artist/album/whatever and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolli--- you get the picture smile.gif

This post has been edited by Harun: Aug 31 2008, 08:34
+Quote Post
Vitriolic
post Sep 1 2008, 07:30
Post #4657

Member No.: 57175

Musicmusic, would it be possible to add the ability to parse multiple entries (deliminated with ";") in the filter windows as individual entries?
I ask this because I would like to be able to tag stuff with multiple genres IE: Led Zeppelin I would be tagged as genreClassic Rock;Hard Rock;Blues Rock Ideally, then the music in question show up when I filter for each of those individual choices. I can do this now with the Album List, but I would dearly love this to work in the filter panels as well.
Currently when the filter panel hits one of these multiple-entry fields it just spits them out as a single line, with a comma separating them, which is keeping me from implementing this as a method of tagging.

Thanks!
+Quote Post
Zarkon
post Sep 1 2008, 07:47
Post #4658

Member No.: 18008

QUOTE (Vitriolic @ Aug 31 2008, 23:30) *
Musicmusic, would it be possible to add the ability to parse multiple entries (deliminated with ";") in the filter windows as individual entries?

This is already supported by fields -- Instead of filtering by %genre%, filter by Genre.

This post has been edited by Zarkon: Sep 1 2008, 07:49
+Quote Post
PredUK
post Sep 1 2008, 13:28
Post #4659

Member No.: 22270

@Bruners: I just copied your layout, thanks, was getting bored of my old one.

@musicmusic: My artwork script doesnt always work, despite the filename of the artwork being correct.
CODE
$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)\$if3(album_art,Folder,folder,front,Front,cover)

Also, do I need the different case versions of words?

This post has been edited by PredUK: Sep 1 2008, 13:28
+Quote Post
musicmusic
post Sep 1 2008, 14:29
Post #4660

Columns UI developer

Group: Developer
Member No.: 4177

QUOTE (PredUK @ Sep 1 2008, 13:28) *
$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)
You don't need this. Not sure what the backslash is for.

QUOTE (PredUK @ Sep 1 2008, 13:28) *
$if3(album_art,Folder,folder,front,Front,cover)
This won't work. You can only specify one of those, and not in an $if statement. However the built-in foobar2000 reader will pick up most of those. This may help somewhat.

Also, do I need the different case versions of words?
It's not case sensitive.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Vitriolic
post Sep 1 2008, 18:38
Post #4661

Member No.: 57175

QUOTE (Zarkon @ Aug 31 2008, 23:47) *
QUOTE (Vitriolic @ Aug 31 2008, 23:30) *

This is already supported by fields -- Instead of filtering by %genre%, filter by Genre.

Huh, and so it is! thanks for pointing this out.
+Quote Post
langtu
post Sep 3 2008, 01:49
Post #4662

Member No.: 52023

NG Playlist request:
musicmusic, it would be very nice if there is an option to display 2nd cover (backcover) instead of reflection smile.gif
+Quote Post
odyssey
post Sep 3 2008, 09:59
Post #4663

Member No.: 6695

musicmusic: How far is the (old) request to put images into tracklist? Say, ratingstars or a moodbar... wink.gif

--------------------
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P
+Quote Post
musicmusic
post Sep 5 2008, 00:04
Post #4664

Columns UI developer

QUOTE (a43 @ Aug 15 2008, 21:36) *
Today I noticed that hiding the menu bar makes the sort by... option disappear from the context menu, which kind of defeats the purpose of hiding the menu bar in the first place.
You are right it doesn't make sense. It will only show up if you have multiple items selected, and may not with third party playlist views.

QUOTE (TheChipstar @ Aug 19 2008, 05:54) *
EDIT2: I am using the "Auto-hide" feature which is really nice. One thing though, when the 'window' goes from visible to hidden, for a split second, a few white boxes appear and then disappear. This does happen in the reverse though, from hidden to visible. It has a problem refreshing the screen correctly I think. Very minor fault - but obvious.
Doesn't happen here, it maybe related to one of your panels, I think historically some OpenGL based ones have caused odd things. Anyway a screenshot or video may help.

QUOTE (fak0u @ Aug 24 2008, 20:50) *
I would like to display multilines info in the items properties,
but only the first line is shown (with all lines displayed on the same line)
It's not really designed for that, something like track display should be better suited?

QUOTE (odyssey @ Sep 3 2008, 09:59) *
musicmusic: How far is the (old) request to put images into tracklist? Say, ratingstars or a moodbar... wink.gif
My main concern was for a ratings column, my thoughts were some dedicated/special columns with an API would be a better idea, with regards to reacting with mouse actions and other things.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Harun
post Sep 5 2008, 00:26
Post #4665

Member No.: 41449

QUOTE (Harun @ Aug 31 2008, 00:34) *
Filter feature question: would it be possible to use the Filters to browse through whichever playlist is currently active?

because for larger playlists (that are not the filter playlist), it would be sooooooooo much easier to go through with the ability to browse through them with Filter - instead of sorting the playlist by artist/album/whatever and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolli--- you get the picture smile.gif

musicmusic: Is ^this something that would be possible within columns ui/filter ?
+Quote Post
musicmusic
post Sep 5 2008, 00:31
Post #4666

Columns UI developer

I can note the concept but as it displays results in a playlist it would't be quite the "active playlist". Unless you meant you want it to scroll or select instead of sending results to a playlist.

This post has been edited by musicmusic: Sep 5 2008, 00:33

--------------------
+Quote Post
robba13
post Sep 5 2008, 13:50
Post #4667

Member No.: 54772

So I want to add a line to my config.

[- %playback_time_remaining%],
But only on mode 4

I already have the second block and I tried to add the first block.
But this makes everything in //Persecond disappear.

// PerSecond

$ifgreater(4,$getpvar(mode),
$font(Verdana,7,,58-80-101)
$alignabs(39,$eval($get(mini)+72),350,12,left,)
[- %playback_time_remaining%],

$ifgreater(3,$getpvar(mode),
$font(Verdana,7,,58-80-101)
$alignabs(39,$eval($get(mini)+72),250,12,left,)
[%playback_time%]
$alignabs(42,$eval($get(mini)+72),240,12,right,)
[%length%],

This post has been edited by robba13: Sep 5 2008, 14:06
+Quote Post
Baldurien
post Sep 5 2008, 23:19
Post #4668

musicmusic: would it be possible to simplify expressions in some case, redesigning the interface, aka:

In Playlist Views/Globals/Style, I have this :

CODE
$if(%_isplaying%,000080,
$puts(p,G:\music\game\)
$if($stricmp($get(p),$left(%path%,$len($get(p)))),
$set_style(text,$rgb(64,128,128)),)
$puts(p,G:\music\cd\)
$set_style(text,$rgb(0,100,0)),)
$puts(p,G:\music-gamemp3\step2\ost\)
$set_style(text,$rgb(200,0,0)),)
$puts(p,G:\music-gamemp3\done\)
$set_style(text,$rgb(255,127,0)),)
$puts(p,G:\music-gamemp3\step2\todo\)
$set_style(text,$rgb(0,0,220)),)
$puts(p,G:\music-gamemp3\gamemp3\)
$set_style(text,$rgb(128,0,128)),)
)
|
$if(%_isplaying%,FFFF00,FFFFFF)|
$puts(p,G:\music\game\)
$set_style(back,$rgb(235,245,245)),)
$puts(p,G:\music\cd\)
$set_style(back,$rgb(232,255,232)),)
$puts(p,G:\music-gamemp3\step2\ost\)
$set_style(back,$rgb(255,244,244)),)
$puts(p,G:\music-gamemp3\done\)
$set_style(back,$rgb(255,242,236)),)
$puts(p,G:\music-gamemp3\step2\todo\)
$set_style(back,$rgb(242,255,255)),)
$puts(p,G:\music-gamemp3\gamemp3\)
$set_style(back,$rgb(255,236,255)),)|
000000|

As you can see, it's a little long, and very unreadable (and it will disappear as soon as I've ordered correctly my musics).

I think it would be more usefull to have an interface, which - using ascii art - would be like this :

Background color:
[part for script]
Selected background color:
[part for script]
etc

Note, that the script I pasted is an old one, perhaps it has changed in some ways.

(sigh, *hoping* for a script syntax highlighter)

This post has been edited by Baldurien: Sep 5 2008, 23:20

--------------------
+Quote Post
odyssey
post Sep 6 2008, 20:51
Post #4669

Already exists here for various editors.

How many columnsui users are using IRC chat?? The primary #foobar2000 channel on freenode are literally rejecting any support for columnsui users... I created #columnsui and hope that some might join smile.gif I think there's more to chat about with columnsui than dui wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Canar
post Sep 6 2008, 20:57
Post #4670

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 2796

How many columnsui users are using IRC chat?? The primary #foobar2000 channel on freenode are literally rejecting any support for columnsui users... I created #columnsui and hope that some might join smile.gif I think there's more to chat about with columnsui than dui wink.gif
No, odyssey, we are not rejecting any support for Columns UI users. There just happen to be very few Columns UI users there, and even fewer Columns UI users that are active at any given moment and capable of providing support.

Most of us on #foobar2000 use the Default UI. If you'd like to change the demographics, we welcome Columns UI users, we just don't have the experience or the Columns UI userbase to provide answers to most questions.

This post has been edited by Canar: Sep 6 2008, 20:58

--------------------
You cannot ABX the rustling of jimmies.
No mouse? No problem.
+Quote Post
Baldurien
post Sep 6 2008, 21:33
Post #4671

QUOTE (odyssey @ Sep 6 2008, 20:51) *
Already exists here for various editors.

Yes. But they are external :/

--------------------
+Quote Post
odyssey
post Sep 6 2008, 21:59
Post #4672

Yes. But they are external :/
Copy/paste? I'd rather edit scripts in a fullscreen environment in contrary to a small editbox.

This post has been edited by odyssey: Sep 6 2008, 22:00

--------------------
+Quote Post
NEMO7538
post Sep 7 2008, 19:32
Post #4673

Member No.: 10088

It would be nice if the buttons tooltips could be sourced from the custom text rather than from the commands text because some of them are not very explicit (e.g. ratings, last fm radio).
+Quote Post
musicmusic
post Sep 8 2008, 00:17
Post #4674

Columns UI developer

QUOTE (Canar @ Sep 6 2008, 20:57) *
No, odyssey, we are not rejecting any support for Columns UI users. There just happen to be very few Columns UI users there, and even fewer Columns UI users that are active at any given moment and capable of providing support.

Most of us on #foobar2000 use the Default UI. If you'd like to change the demographics, we welcome Columns UI users, we just don't have the experience or the Columns UI userbase to provide answers to most questions.
Well, I find these kneejerk defensive posts boring, anyway this is apparently your policy, so I don't know why you are complaining about there being no Columns UI/etc. users there:
QUOTE (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=24755)
#foobar2000 is also not a 3rd party component support channel. If you have a question about a 3rd party component, ask the developer of the component.

I created #columnsui and hope that some might join smile.gif
Well, whether this channel will be actually used remains to be seen tongue.gif But I publicised it a bit more for you wink.gif

QUOTE (NEMO7538 @ Sep 7 2008, 19:32) *
It would be nice if the buttons tooltips could be sourced from the custom text rather than from the commands text because some of them are not very explicit (e.g. ratings, last fm radio).
Agreed, the current method is not so great. I think this has come up before, the reason for not using the custom text was ASCII art buttons. Anyway, I will either change it or add a custom tooltip option.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Canar
post Sep 8 2008, 00:50
Post #4675

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 2796

QUOTE (musicmusic @ Sep 7 2008, 16:17) *
Well, I find these kneejerk defensive posts boring, anyway this is apparently your policy, so I don't know why you are complaining about there being no Columns UI/etc. users there:
#foobar2000 is also not a 3rd party component support channel. If you have a question about a 3rd party component, ask the developer of the component.
Way to take a quote out-of-context. The rest of the quote is:
It isn't because we hate 3rd party components, but most of us don't use them. You will have far greater chances of success by asking your question on the forum.
This is not a policy, this is a reality. This is not by design, this is simply the difference between the Columns UI demographic and the IRC-using demographic, I suppose. Mind pointing out where exactly I'm "complaining"? I'm explaining the reality of the situation.

As a moderator, I've tended to take the position of explaining before intervening, like responding to odyssey's untrue post. I guess this kind of action is defensive. I guess it would be more effective to just split that post somewhere else, seeing as how "rejecting any support for columnsui users" is total nonsense (and indeed, even the post about the IRC channel agrees with what I'm saying). Then I don't need to explain myself to anyone but the other moderators...

QUOTE (musicmusic @ Sep 7 2008, 16:17) *
I created #columnsui and hope that some might join smile.gif
Well, whether this channel will be actually used remains to be seen tongue.gif But I publicised it a bit more for you wink.gif
I would love to see the channel succeed, but I would also love to see more Columns UI users discussing in #foobar2000. I don't feel there is any need for this kind of segregation. Anyhow, best of luck to your experiment, odyssey. I had #foobar2000-thirdparty registered before and very few people ever bothered to idle there...

--------------------
You cannot ABX the rustling of jimmies.
No mouse? No problem.
+Quote Post

276 Pages V  « < 185 186 187 188 189 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 16:56