IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Cool Edit Pro 2.0
MisterT
post Jul 11 2002, 19:47
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2394

First, I dunno where to post this, so i'm posting it in the forum of my format of choice

OK, here's my dilemma:

I need to run a lot of audio files through a DirectX Plugin chain (in order to make them sound better on my portable with headphones). I've tweaked the plugin chain to sound great, but i have no way to apply it in batches!!!! The only way I currently know how to do this is use winamp and adaptx (a winamp plugin to directx adapter which supports plugin chains) and use the .wav disk writer. This would be great, except the quality is questionable AND the disk writer trims like a few frames off the beginning and end of each file - ouch.

The second way I could do it would b to use Cool Edit. I'm using Cool Edit Pro 2.0 and it has a batch processing scripting function. In ver. 1, you could not use DirectX plugins in your script, but in ver. 2 it appears you can. Unfortunately, I cannot get it to work. I record the script and the plugin processes the waveform fine when I record, but when i rerun the actual script, it does not use the settings I specified in the DirectX plugin. Hmm...

Does anyone know either how to make the DirectX plugin scripting work in Cool Edit Pro 2.0 OR a way to run a batch of audio files through a DirectX audio plugin chain???

I'm using Waves 10 band parametric EQ, BBE Sonic Maximizer, Waves Maxx Bass, and Waves L2 Ultramaximizer. I even tried setting a preset in Cool Edit Pro 2.0 for the plugins (open up a DirectX plugin window and you'll see what I mean).

Any help would b GREATLY appreciated. - sorry for the long post...
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
outscape
post Jul 12 2002, 04:45
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 30

Originally posted by MisterT
any other ideas?

upgrade to [b]wavelab
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2014 - 00:10