Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Another question regarding soundcards from yet another n00b
icewarlock
post Jun 7 2002, 02:31
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2240

Is there anything external like the Stereo-Link 1200 that can actually _decently_ record? Laptops get shafted all the time and it'd be really nice if there was some recording solution I can work out on a laptop (like casual amateur studio recording use). Anyone have any suggestions?

much thanks.

--------------------
Radices malorum sunt libri, non est cupiditas . . .
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
silver_cpu
post Jun 7 2002, 04:51
Post #2

Member No.: 907

Check this out. If, however, you're not looking to spend that much, try the Sound Blaster Extigy, a USB soundcard that actually sounds pretty good. Beware, though: even though Creative advertises that it has 96khz/24bit DACs, it does *not* actually record audio at 24bit, only at 16. I can testify, however, that for activities such as listening to a CD, or semi-pro recording, it does a great job.
+Quote Post
icewarlock
post Jun 8 2002, 05:41
Post #3

Member No.: 2240

Does anyone have some stats about the lag time on the SB extigy? With it being all USB and all...

thanks.

--------------------
Radices malorum sunt libri, non est cupiditas . . .
+Quote Post
silver_cpu
post Jun 8 2002, 07:07
Post #4

Member No.: 907

My friend, who actually owns an extigy and has done some recording on it, says that it has no more noticeable latency than an internal card. Basically, very low-latency card that is fine for even live recording events, and I can also state that you can play several audio sources simultaneously, without any dropouts. It only has a mono mic input, however, so no stereo microphones.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 11:31