Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

GT3b2 with HF Reduction, Discussion
SebastianG
post Mar 23 2004, 16:40
Post #1

Group: Developer
Member No.: 12875

Split from here.

Please tell me some details about your HF boost reduction strategy.

Maybe my posting at
Ogg Vorbis - General
is of some interest.

edited: had some troubles posting the link ;)

bye,
Sebastian

This post has been edited by dev0: Mar 26 2004, 15:06
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
QuantumKnot
post Mar 25 2004, 00:53
Post #2

Group: Developer
Member No.: 4097

No, I didn't reuse the stereo modes of q 10 in this encoder. That was for a lossless coupled encoder for experimental purposes which is completely different to this one. Anyone who has actually encoded something will realise that the bitrates of let's say, q 4, of the HF reduced encoder are typically lower than what lossless coupled stereo would allow.

The source code for GT3b2 with HF reduction is out in the open and it is not my obligation to spend my time explaining every line of modified code. You seem to talk big yet you fail to actually put any effort into understanding what is actually done and what the listening results are telling. You make conclusions based on misleading and flawed observations yet never actually performed a listening test to verify the results.

I don't make any claims that I have solved or fixed the underlying problems in the Vorbis encoder. I only claim to have reduced the HF boost in certain transients and I ask people to use double blind listening tests to verify this. There are other situations (in very quiet passages) where there is a distinct HF boost in this encoder and I recognise that this wasn't solved. These points have been supported by numerous people who have performed proper ABC/HR tests, which is what this forum considers as legitimate evidence, not just looking at the frequency responses (which is a violation of TOS #8).

If you continue to pursue this direction of thinking that I am making fraudulent claims and all the work I have done is worthless, then that is not my problem. I put my trust in the double-blind listening tests my fellow forum members have voluntarily done. I never claim to have all the answers or that I have solved the problem. I only say I've reduced, not fix

- QK

This post has been edited by QuantumKnot: Mar 25 2004, 01:53
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 21:07