Donation for Frank Klemm's new PC, The donation has ended
seanyseansean
post Feb 16 2004, 13:47
Post #51

Group: Members (Donating)
Member No.: 3029

QUOTE (Fr4nz @ Feb 16 2004, 12:44 PM)
Yes you're right. Sentence corrected.

But I'm only a student, I don't have a work, I don't have a credit card nor a bank account...I'd have to ask to my father to make the donation but he's not interested in MPC and he's very diffident to use internet for money transfers...if I had a work I'd have surely donated some euros.

Sorry.

It's not the lack of donation, it's more the pointles 'Whhooo! Yeah!' type posts. Nothing else was inferred, I was a skint student once too.

As we're at 95%, the pc build should begin soon which means i'll be sat here getting all edgy and tetchy about a possible new mpc release smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GeSomeone
post Feb 16 2004, 15:16
Post #52

Group: Members
Member No.: 335

QUOTE (CiTay @ Feb 16 2004, 07:12 AM)
5% to go until we reach the donation goal.

I hope my new Credit Card will arrive in time unsure.gif (should be any day now). I had to destroy the old one.
+Quote Post
CiTay
post Feb 16 2004, 16:18
Post #53

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

I am very glad to announce that we reached our intitial donation goal of 1150 Euros! smile.gif

A big thank you to everyone who donated and to everyone who supports this. We are absolutely stunned by the overwhelming participation. The donation will still continue, probably till the end of this week, for the bank account donations to arrive in time. Bank account donations will probably be accepted till wednesday or thursday. You may also still donate via PayPal if you feel the urge to donate, however, it is not required anymore for the basic PC. All extra money will be spent on upgrading the PC.
+Quote Post
atici
post Feb 16 2004, 16:36
Post #54

Member No.: 1367

I know all you guys are very tech savvy so I am sure you'd also consider to buy the hardware online or wherever cheapest. The prices in US fluctuate a lot: a simple price scan on the online retailers or eBay usually is unbeatable by a wide margin by street retailers. It should more or less be the same in Europe. You could also consider to have the main costly items (CPU, mobo, memory) to be shipped from USA if that would be cheaper. This way the benefit of these donations could be maximized wink.gif

--------------------
The object of mankind lies in its highest individuals.
One must have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.
+Quote Post
CiTay
post Feb 16 2004, 16:52
Post #55

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (atici @ Feb 16 2004, 04:36 PM)
I know all you guys are very tech savvy so I am sure you'd also consider to buy the hardware online or wherever cheapest. The prices in US fluctuate a lot: a simple price scan on the online retailers or eBay usually is unbeatable by a wide margin by street retailers. It should more or less be the same in Europe. You could also consider to have the main costly items (CPU, mobo, memory) to be shipped from USA if that would be cheaper. This way the benefit of these donations could be maximized wink.gif

We already thought of that and also discussed it in the thread Frank Klemm's new PC. Of course the hardware will be bought online, at very reliable german online shops where we can be sure that there will be no bad surprises. Ordering from USA is out of the question for various reasons mentioned in the thread. But thanks for thinking about these things and bringing it up.
+Quote Post
ddrawley
post Feb 16 2004, 16:59
Post #56

Member No.: 3749

I would like to pose a question for consideration. Would it be appropriate to request permission from the donators to funnel the overage to the HydrogenAudio fund. Frank is already going to get a great machine. It would be nice to see the melting pot called HA benefit as well. Without these forums, many codecs, MPC included would not have a place to be fleshed out and tested. If Frank does go forward with MPC development, all codecs could benefit. I say this because one item I heard proposed was to make the psi-model modular. This would allow AAC/MP3/whatever to benefit from what Frank himself called the greatest strength of MPC, the psi-model.
+Quote Post
seanyseansean
post Feb 16 2004, 17:01
Post #57

Member No.: 3029

QUOTE (ddrawley @ Feb 16 2004, 03:59 PM)
I would like to pose a question for consideration. Would it be appropriate to request permission from the donators to funnel the overage to the HydrogenAudio fund. Frank is already going to get a great machine. It would be nice to see the melting pot called HA benefit as well.

I'd second that, but to be honest i'm happy with whatever way they use the overflow cash.
+Quote Post
sshd
post Feb 16 2004, 17:22
Post #58

Member No.: 7218

QUOTE (seanyseansean @ Feb 16 2004, 05:01 PM)
I would like to pose a question for consideration. Would it be appropriate to request permission from the donators to funnel the overage to the HydrogenAudio fund. Frank is already going to get a great machine. It would be nice to see the melting pot called HA benefit as well.

I'd second that, but to be honest i'm happy with whatever way they use the overflow cash.

You cannot collect money for a specific purpose and then give the money to someone else.

This post has been edited by sshd: Feb 16 2004, 17:29
+Quote Post
JohnV
post Feb 16 2004, 17:32
Post #59

Group: Developer
Member No.: 6

QUOTE (sshd @ Feb 16 2004, 06:22 PM)
QUOTE (seanyseansean @ Feb 16 2004, 05:01 PM)

You cannot collect money for a specific purpose and then give the money to someone else.

Yeah, the money will be used only for Frank's PC. CiTay will get a small payment for handling the donation, assembly and installing of the machine, but that's it.

--------------------
Juha Laaksonheimo
+Quote Post
ddrawley
post Feb 16 2004, 18:06
Post #60

Member No.: 3749

Perhaps my earlier post was not clear.

"Would it be appropriate to request permission from the donators to funnel the overage to the HydrogenAudio fund."

Permission is the key word here.

Frank will not benefit as much from a 4 Ghz machine vs 3 Ghz, as would HA having the excess. If people read the earlier posts in this thread, they will see the HA contributions have been quite low. That is troubling considering the benefits of having HA here for us.

Edit: You have my permission to redirect my $15 US to HA if you wish to CiTay.

This post has been edited by ddrawley: Feb 16 2004, 18:08
+Quote Post
Lev
post Feb 16 2004, 18:07
Post #61

Member No.: 3716

Please shoot me...

How can i donate?

We would be very glad if you could donate something, even if it's not much. The best way to donate is PayPal. Don't worry if you don't have a PayPal account, it is very easy to set up and free of charge. All transactions through PayPal are completely secure. While making the donation, you will have the chance to enter your Hydrogenaudio nickname in order to be listed below. If you prefer to stay anonymous, simply don't enter your nickname and you will not be listed. Any donated money will only be spent for the purpose of this donation.

ok... whats the address for PayPal? (My account did have 'issue's' with it, recently, although, upon checking today, it all seems working again) smile.gif

I honestly cant see it anywhere!...

I gotta cut back on drinking......

arghrrgrh!

--------------------
http://www.megalev.co.uk
+Quote Post
indybrett
post Feb 16 2004, 18:56
Post #62

Member No.: 1440

QUOTE (sshd @ Feb 16 2004, 11:22 AM)

Unless you happen to be the federal government wink.gif

--------------------
flac>fb2k>kernel streaming>audiophile 2496>magni>dt990 pro
+Quote Post
user
post Feb 16 2004, 19:03
Post #63

Member No.: 277

QUOTE (Lev @ Feb 16 2004, 06:07 PM)
How can i donate?

We would be very glad if you could donate something, even if it's not much. The best way to donate is PayPal. Don't worry if you don't have a PayPal account, it is very easy to set up and free of charge. All transactions through PayPal are completely secure. While making the donation, you will have the chance to enter your Hydrogenaudio nickname in order to be listed below. If you prefer to stay anonymous, simply don't enter your nickname and you will not be listed. Any donated money will only be spent for the purpose of this donation.

ok... whats the address for PayPal? (My account did have 'issue's' with it, recently, although, upon checking today, it all seems working again) smile.gif

I honestly cant see it anywhere!...

I gotta cut back on drinking......

arghrrgrh!

well, have a look at 1st page of this thread, 1st post iirc.

--------------------
www.High-Quality.ch.vu -- High Quality Audio Archiving Tutorials
+Quote Post
Floydian Slip
post Feb 16 2004, 20:26
Post #64

Member No.: 4621

QUOTE (ddrawley @ Feb 16 2004, 12:06 PM)
Perhaps my earlier post was not clear.

"Would it be appropriate to request permission from the donators to funnel the overage to the HydrogenAudio fund."

Permission is the key word here.

Frank will not benefit as much from a 4 Ghz machine vs 3 Ghz, as would HA having the excess. If people read the earlier posts in this thread, they will see the HA contributions have been quite low. That is troubling considering the benefits of having HA here for us.

After JohnV's hint couple of people actually made some donation to HA together with fund for Frank's PC. I think everybody is well aware of the fact that both needs some fund to run the show. Everybody is free to donate something in addition to other one. But, IMHO, putting some money from one pot to another for different purpose might not be a good idea.

--------------------
-- Floydian Slip
+Quote Post
Halcyon
post Feb 16 2004, 22:03
Post #65

Member No.: 416

I'd rather see my money go to Frank than HA. That's just my personal priority, no offence meant.
+Quote Post
JohnV
post Feb 16 2004, 22:13
Post #66

Member No.: 6

QUOTE (Halcyon @ Feb 16 2004, 11:03 PM)
I'd rather see my money go to Frank than HA. That's just my personal priority, no offence meant.

This money including the extra "red" goes to Frank's PC.
No offence taken. smile.gif But you know what to do if you want to help HA.. smile.gif

--------------------
Juha Laaksonheimo
+Quote Post
scottc
post Feb 16 2004, 22:41
Post #67

Member No.: 2033

QUOTE (JohnV @ Feb 16 2004, 10:13 PM)
But you know what to do if you want to help HA.. smile.gif

Sorry to be off-topic, but was there ever a way set up to make a single donation to HA?

It was mentioned as a work-in-progress on the thread announcing the subscriptions, but I haven't seen anything since. I can't be the only one who doesn't like recurring credit card transactions. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Lev
post Feb 16 2004, 23:00
Post #68

Member No.: 3716

Ahh haa, the paypal icon wasnt showing up on my computer at work - have donated smile.gif

--------------------
http://www.megalev.co.uk
+Quote Post
manusate
post Feb 16 2004, 23:29
Post #69

Member No.: 6492

I must admit that I thought that this initiative was kinda goofy at first. But now I'm, well, AMAZED. Congratulations.
My surprise and overall astonished state will reach cosmic levels if Frank actually starts working on Musepack again.

Once more, congratulations to all that contributed.

Enjoy!
+Quote Post
indybrett
post Feb 17 2004, 01:41
Post #70

Member No.: 1440

Even if Frank doesn't write another line of code, I hope this helps him to understand the level of appreciation we all have.

--------------------
flac>fb2k>kernel streaming>audiophile 2496>magni>dt990 pro
+Quote Post
Jens Rex
post Feb 17 2004, 02:01
Post #71

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 680

QUOTE (indybrett @ Feb 17 2004, 01:41 AM)
Even if Frank doesn't write another line of code, I hope this helps him to understand the level of appreciation we all have.

I'll second that.
+Quote Post
Frank Klemm
post Feb 17 2004, 03:04
Post #72

MPC Developer

Member No.: 659

QUOTE (indybrett @ Feb 17 2004, 02:41 AM)

I'm speechless.

First I though it is only a crazy idea by Christian.
But it seems to be real ...

--------------------
-- Frank Klemm
+Quote Post
MachineHead
post Feb 17 2004, 03:09
Post #73

Member No.: 3380

Hi Frank. Thank you!

--------------------
Looking for a digital idiot? Look no further.
+Quote Post
Seed
post Feb 17 2004, 03:12
Post #74

Musepack Project Coordinator

Member No.: 2385

I'm glad the community showed Frank what they think of his work. It is happy news to us all.

Keep up the good work, and to the others who mocked Chris on #foobar2000:

AHAHAHAHAHAH to you all

(my last off-topic post ever)

--------------------
And if Warhol's a genius, what am I? A speck of lint on the ***** of an alien
+Quote Post
Floydian Slip
post Feb 17 2004, 03:23
Post #75

Member No.: 4621

Hey Frank, thanks for stopping by. Now you can see how much we appreciate your work... smile.gif

Keep up with your good spirit.

--------------------
-- Floydian Slip
+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2014 - 18:48