IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hydrogenaudio Forum Rules

- No Warez. This includes warez links, cracks and/or requests for help in getting illegal software or copyrighted music tracks!

- No Spamming or Trolling on the boards, this includes useless posts, trying to only increase post count or trying to deliberately create a flame war.

- No Hateful or Disrespectful posts. This includes: bashing, name-calling or insults directed at a board member.

- Click here for complete Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service

Closed TopicStart new topic
How much would you donate for a new PC for Frank ?, last attempt to motivate him to continue
How much would you donate ?
How much would you donate ?
2 [ 17 ] ** [15.74%]
5 [ 12 ] ** [11.11%]
10 [ 29 ] ** [26.85%]
15 [ 10 ] ** [9.26%]
20 [ 21 ] ** [19.44%]
25 [ 1 ] ** [0.93%]
30 [ 4 ] ** [3.70%]
35 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
40 [ 1 ] ** [0.93%]
50 [ 13 ] ** [12.04%]
Total Votes: 305

ChristianHJW
post Feb 8 2004, 08:39
Post #1

Matroska developer

Group: Members
Member No.: 74

Ok, Ok, I'm on the phone now !! Hold it, hold it, its enough wink.gif .....

Hi,

as the thread i put up in the MPC General section, as usual, is more frequented by AAC and Vorbis users than MPC users actually answering my original question, i decided to put up this poll

Please dont 'vote' if you dont have any plans to really do so, once we really could get this started.

Again, there is a pretty high probability he will just say 'NO' ! But i won't ask him before i know there is a realistic chance we get the necessary money collected, because i honestly dont want to make a fool of myself. Just imagine what happened if he said yes, and then we dont get it done sad.gif ....

Some more background information on why i think this could be a solution :

Frank's PC is out of order. Its certainly not like he didnt have the money to repair it ,no. But you maybe know this feeling :
There is something you have to do, say repair the car, but you cant find your toolbox anymore. This is all so frustrating, as you know its a lot of work and even the first necessity to start working on it is missing, you decide to take the bus instead ......

My hope is, that with a new, fully setup PC for him we could

- give him the 'tool' to actually start coding again

- provide him with a toy 'as-nice-or-nicer' than his DVD player wink.gif

- show him that we REALLY do care about his work, and appreciate it a lot what he has done

- honest guy as he is, he wont accept the PC without giving anything in return to us
Now, please start voting wink.gif .....

--------------------
Support matroska - the bestest vapourware project ! http://www.matroska.org
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 12:05