Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

A Bose Question, They hurt my ears
richardk
post Dec 28 2003, 15:52
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3415

smile.gif
I got a pair of little Bose PC speakers for Christmas. They sound great at first. Really clear, good bass...

Something about how Bose speakers make up for being small and try to sound large. All Bose speakers I have heard have a kind of shrill, piercing aspect to their sound.

As good as my speakers sound, and they really do sound good, after a while my ears get "tired". This is especially noticable with rock n' roll music, more so at higher volumes (not that lound either- I'm sitting right in front of the speakers. Less than 25% volume). It gets to be no fun listening to them.

Anybody else notice this effect or quality of Bose speakers? Any suggestions for audio settings to minimize the unpleasant, shrill part without damping out the treble from the music?

To be completly open about this I am partly deaf, lost some hearing, mainly at the higher frequency end of the sound spectrum in an explosion in the 70's. I am sensitive to piercing, loud music in general. Raging case of tinnitus. Still long before I got blown up I have always preferred the sound of acoustic suspension speakers to any others.

Richard
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th December 2014 - 20:48