IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hydrogenaudio Forum Rules

- No Warez. This includes warez links, cracks and/or requests for help in getting illegal software or copyrighted music tracks!
- No Spamming or Trolling on the boards, this includes useless posts, trying to only increase post count or trying to deliberately create a flame war.
- No Hateful or Disrespectful posts. This includes: bashing, name-calling or insults directed at a board member.
- Click here for complete Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service

[OFFENSIVE] foobar2000 fanaticism: Thread split, from "Prog to compare wav files?"
Cey
post Oct 30 2003, 21:43
Post #1

Group: Banned
Member No.: 8889

QUOTE (Canar @ Oct 30 2003, 12:10 PM)
*coughs* This is getting a little repetitive now, but foobar2000 does that too. smile.gif I'm not sure about the robustness of the

I'm not gonna use Foobar, if for no other reason than the fanaticism surounding it. That alone is reason enough for sane people to stay away from it. If it takes that much effort to try and talk people into using it, then I want nothing to do with it.

Besides, I'm not looking for a player too. I was just looking for a nice simple compare tool. Preferably a stand alone program, but if EAC can do it, then great.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
rjamorim
post Oct 31 2003, 02:13
Post #2

Rarewares admin

Group: Members
Member No.: 81

QUOTE (Lyx @ Oct 30 2003, 08:31 PM)
compared to i.e. BeOS linux is very popular. So lets take your analogy:

WTF! Who is talking about BeOS? I'm comparing Windows to Linux! And doing an analogy.

Winamp is the mainstream player - the one i do think most do use. Windows is the mainstream OS.
Foobar is also popular but not as much as winamp, and its very linux-like. Similiar to linux, its the "runner-up", and similiar to linux, it can do things better than windows BUT its more difficult to setup and configure.

OK, you are saying that, analogically, Foobar is better than Winamp but harder to configure. BTW, I didn't even mention winamp in my first post.

WTF does this have to do with popularity vs. having zealots trying to force their preferences on you???

actually, IMHO you've given an analogy which is a good example of the opposite wink.gif

Might be, but I'm sure as hell that your post didn't help clarify this "opposite". Au contraire.

Blah

--------------------
Get up-to-date binaries of Lame, AAC, Vorbis and much more at RareWares:
http://www.rarewares.org
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2014 - 13:13