IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Ideas for a new MP3 program
vize84
post Sep 13 2003, 13:55
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8783

Is there any program that is able to extract automatically tracks from a CD in a single MP3 and then split it in all the tracks by using the right markers to avoid the gap at the end of every track. I know I can do this operations using different programs as CDex, CUEMaster and MusiCutter but I'm wondering if a program can do everything automatically...it would be very interesting especially when extracting live CD. Any informations about it?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Otto42
post Feb 18 2004, 20:23
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 9323

QUOTE (ChangFest @ Feb 12 2004, 07:33 PM)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there is any program that can split a whole mp3 file into individual tracks and have it still play gaplessly.  I have personally tested two mp3 track splitters(musiCutter & mp3DirectCut) that both support CUE sheets.  Neither of these split an album and support gapless playback afterwards.

I dunno about musiCutter, but I was under the impression that mp3DirectCut always cut exactly on frame boundaries, meaning that the resulting MP3's would be "gapless" in the sense that there wouldn't be any padding at the beginning/end of the resulting split files. So while it may not have the LAME tag, it really shouldn't need one, as all the data in the MP3 is data that should be played

--------------------
http://ottodestruct.com
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2014 - 10:19