IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Foobar translations.
dreamoutloud
post Aug 26 2003, 02:07
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8538

(this is an email copy) Hi, my name is Marcelo Salas and i want to translate foobar2000 to spanish. I have translated many programs as FlashGet, Ad-Aware, 1by1 player, Mp3 DirecCut, StarDownloader and others, but many people is asking me for a translation of foobar2000, i want to do an official translation for foobar to spanish but i need two things: 1. your authorization, 2. a copy of foobar ready to be translated. Now, iīm tryin to translate foobar_lite version, it's almost finished but i still canīt find some strings that i need to tranlate and these are: menu and option tree. I canīt find all strings needed, iīm afraid you hide them for security but i need them to finish the work. Please help me to finish the foobar spanish translation, many people love the program and many more love the program but they donīt know how to configure it correctly because is in english. I hope you understand my opinion, many peolple would be happy with a spanish translation of the program...please latin america also exists.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Peter
post Aug 26 2003, 02:11
Post #2

foobar2000 developer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 84

Translations are not and will not be supported, tough luck. If you want to help people who can't speak english with using foobar2000, please set up a help/FAQ page in your native language instead.
+Quote Post
Killmaster
post Aug 26 2003, 05:34
Post #3

Member No.: 4465

Sorry if this is a stupid question for some reason, but why exactly don't you add some kinda support for those who want to make translations? I'm guessing it's because it would be too much trouble programming-wise, but I'm not a programmer :/
+Quote Post
/\/ephaestous
post Aug 26 2003, 05:36
Post #4

Member No.: 3620

I have a question, however, now the GUI is a component in 0.7, How would you feel if one created an alternative GUI in his/her native language?

--------------------
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."
+Quote Post
Curi0us_George
post Aug 26 2003, 05:45
Post #5

Member No.: 5544

You can write your own GUI in your own language (I seriously doubt Peter will give a damn), but all the components (and config pages) will still be in English.
+Quote Post
/\/ephaestous
post Aug 26 2003, 06:05
Post #6

Member No.: 3620

Ohh, yes, the components, I hadn't tougth about that.
So, the external GUI DLL doesn't contain the config pages and dialogs?

--------------------
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."
+Quote Post
Curi0us_George
post Aug 26 2003, 16:59
Post #7

Member No.: 5544

No.

The interface DLL will contain its own config pages, but that's all.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 10:40