IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hydrogenaudio Forum Rules

- No Warez. This includes warez links, cracks and/or requests for help in getting illegal software or copyrighted music tracks!
- No Spamming or Trolling on the boards, this includes useless posts, trying to only increase post count or trying to deliberately create a flame war.
- No Hateful or Disrespectful posts. This includes: bashing, name-calling or insults directed at a board member.
- Click here for complete Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service

Program to rename files from a txt file.
bid
post Aug 16 2003, 22:18
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8113

Is there a program, for windows, that will rename a bunch of files with information contained in a text file.

I realize that, with Linux, it is very easy to so this with a "3 line" shell script, but I don't have Linux installed and I don't feel like writing a "3 page" Java program with windows.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
TrNSZ
post Aug 18 2003, 12:50
Post #2

Group: Developer
Member No.: 20

4DOS/4NT has a greatly extended scripting/programming language that makes almost anything possible. If you know how to do it in Linux using a shell script, then be aware that there are plenty of POSIX/GNU shells and environments for native Win32, Cygwin excluded. You have the tools compiled with the AT&T UWIN kit, MinGW's msys, Microsoft's ksh from the Unix Services package, and the DOS ports of pdksh and bash, along with all the standard shell tools.

If these files are eTree audio that you want to rename, you should check out Trader's Friend for foobar2000; it automaticly renames/tags eTree files.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2014 - 14:45