6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
foo_tradersfriend, Live Show Tagger
Despite
post Nov 1 2003, 17:06
Post #26

Group: Members
Member No.: 9589

Ahh, that works excellently, thank you. Now I'm off to try and make the album list sort by date when there's no album tag present.

Despite
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
foosion
post Nov 12 2003, 18:17
Post #27

Group: FB2K Moderator (Donating)
Member No.: 5153

foo_tradersfriend 0.4.2
  • disc and tracknumber guessed from filenames* are now written.
*: only for filenames with the following format:
xyzYYYY-MM-DDddiscnumberttracknumber

edit: some clarifications:
The used heuristics are actually laxer than what is described above. t%tracknumber% instead of d%disc%t%tracknumber% works. YY-MM-DD works as well, but there is no century guessing.

This post has been edited by foosion: Nov 12 2003, 20:25

--------------------
http://foosion.foobar2000.org/ - my components for foobar2000
+Quote Post
ssamadhi97
post Nov 12 2003, 20:09
Post #28

Group: Developer (Donating)
Member No.: 1305

Can you please process YY-MM-DD as well, maybe even with some cheap heuristics to auto-complete YY to YYYY format?

And please add support for artist%date%t%tracknumber% as well..

Looks like some people still haven't realized that one day there might be more than one century of music history.. </sarcasm>

--------------------
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.
+Quote Post
ssamadhi97
post Nov 12 2003, 21:02
Post #29

Sneaky.

--------------------
+Quote Post
antares
post Nov 13 2003, 10:32
Post #30

Member No.: 6001

@ foosion,

I have foobar 7.3 and loaded traders friends into the components folder, but nothing happens! Did I miss something or do I need annother component to run traders friends?

antares
+Quote Post
foosion
post Nov 13 2003, 10:57
Post #31

QUOTE (antares @ Nov 13 2003, 10:32 AM)
I have foobar 7.3 and loaded traders friends into the components folder, but nothing happens! Did I miss something or do I need annother component to run traders friends?

This is a masstagger extension. It adds the masstagger action "Guess values from text file".

--------------------
+Quote Post
Mindflux
post Nov 20 2003, 00:54
Post #32

Member No.: 9918

What a nice program, I'm getting the hang of it! However.. Is there a way to remove the tags? Where does it write the tags? Directly to the SHN's? Regardless of me having "do not write tags to files" checked in F2k?

NM: Got how to remove the names. However where does F2k store those variables? must be in the SHN header.

This post has been edited by Mindflux: Nov 20 2003, 00:56
+Quote Post
foosion
post Nov 20 2003, 10:18
Post #33

QUOTE (Mindflux @ Nov 20 2003, 12:54 AM)
However where does F2k store those variables? must be in the SHN header.

foobar2000 stores tags in its database (if you have it enabled), otherwise there still stored in your FPL playlist files. So even if you have database disabled and "Do not write modified tags to files" checked, you will not lose your tags as long as you have the files in one of your playlists.

How tags are stored depends on the file format. In case of SHN files, writing tags to the files themselves would likely break those files (in addition to corrupting MD5 hashes), which is why foo_shn stores tags in an external .tag file (in APEv2 format).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Mindflux
post Nov 20 2003, 18:36
Post #34

QUOTE (foosion @ Nov 20 2003, 01:18 AM)
However where does F2k store those variables? must be in the SHN header.

foobar2000 stores tags in its database (if you have it enabled), otherwise there still stored in your FPL playlist files. So even if you have database disabled and "Do not write modified tags to files" checked, you will not lose your tags as long as you have the files in one of your playlists.

How tags are stored depends on the file format. In case of SHN files, writing tags to the files themselves would likely break those files (in addition to corrupting MD5 hashes), which is why foo_shn stores tags in an external .tag file (in APEv2 format).

Hmm curious. I've never seen a .tag file. In my SHN dirs, but then again I have f2k database turned on.

As far as playlists go, I don't really "playlist" my shns. I just open the folder up and grab all the shn's I want.

I recently got a Dead show, that's full of SKT? files? What's that about?
+Quote Post
ssamadhi97
post Nov 20 2003, 18:42
Post #35

What a nice program, I'm getting the hang of it! However.. Is there a way to remove the tags? Where does it write the tags? Directly to the SHN's? Regardless of me having "do not write tags to files" checked in F2k?

Tags are not written to SHNs if you have "do not write.." checked.

To remove tags you can either use the corresponding functions in foobar / masstagger, or delete the .tag files (which are placed in the same folder as the .shn files by default - check your foo_shn config)

(on a side note: I know those external tags aren't pretty, but like foosion said, they were designed with preserving the typical existing file hashes in mind - this ensures persistent tagging if desired, while retaining compatibility with md5 hashes, BitTorrent's .torrent metafiles, SFV, basically any application that relies on hashes or checksums to identify files.)

--------------------
+Quote Post
ssamadhi97
post Nov 20 2003, 18:48
Post #36

QUOTE (Mindflux @ Nov 20 2003, 06:36 PM)
Hmm curious. I've never seen a .tag file.  In my SHN dirs, but then again I have f2k database turned on.

[..]

Of course those tag files won't be written if you have tag writing disabled (which you do, I suspect?)

.skt files are "seektables", files that enable instantaneous seeking in Shorten files. Sometimes they're appended to Shorten files upon creation, sometimes they are added afterwards and stored externally in a .skt file - again, so as to not break .md5 hashes etc.

Welcome to the ugly world of Shorten with all its hacks needed to provide various standard features..

--------------------
+Quote Post
foosion
post Nov 20 2003, 18:54
Post #37

As far as playlists go, I don't really "playlist" my shns. I just open the folder up and grab all the shn's I want.

I was talking about the FPL files that fb2k uses to store the playlists you have in the UI.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Mindflux
post Nov 20 2003, 23:08
Post #38

QUOTE (foosion @ Nov 20 2003, 09:54 AM)

I was talking about the FPL files that fb2k uses to store the playlists you have in the UI.

Well FPL is still a playlist, so unless it stores it temporarily until I close that PL.
+Quote Post
Mindflux
post Nov 20 2003, 23:09
Post #39

QUOTE (ssamadhi97 @ Nov 20 2003, 09:48 AM)
QUOTE (Mindflux @ Nov 20 2003, 06:36 PM)
Hmm curious. I've never seen a .tag file.  In my SHN dirs, but then again I have f2k database turned on.

[..]

Of course those tag files won't be written if you have tag writing disabled (which you do, I suspect?)

.skt files are "seektables", files that enable instantaneous seeking in Shorten files. Sometimes they're appended to Shorten files upon creation, sometimes they are added afterwards and stored externally in a .skt file - again, so as to not break .md5 hashes etc.

Welcome to the ugly world of Shorten with all its hacks needed to provide various standard features..

I seek through SHN files just fine in Foobar without the SKT files? I know I couldn't in winamp.

If Furthur would ever support flac, I think I'd just grab those.. but alas no support yet.
+Quote Post
ssamadhi97
post Nov 21 2003, 01:13
Post #40

QUOTE (Mindflux @ Nov 20 2003, 11:09 PM)
I seek through SHN files just fine in Foobar without the SKT files? I know I couldn't in winamp.

Well, there are three scenarios for seeking in shn files:

1) seektables are appended to the Shorten file. Seeking is possible in WinAmp and foobar.
2) seektables are stored in external skt files. Seeking is possible in WinAmp and foobar.
3) there are no seektables. Seeking is not possible in WinAmp. foobar can still seek in this case, but it is much slower (since it has to decode the entire file until it reaches the point you want to seek to - if you seek ahead. Seeking backwards is no problem)

--------------------
+Quote Post
foosion
post Nov 27 2003, 16:41
Post #41

Problem:
The plugin does not write date tags to files when using "Guess values from text file".

Solution:
Check that the plugin really is set to write to the "DATE" tag. A previous version contained an error that caused script settings to be not restored properly. As a result the default setting for the name of the date tag ("DATE" in the initial configuration) could be set to the same name as the title tag ("TITLE" in the initial configuration).

--------------------
+Quote Post
brewhead
post Sep 22 2004, 00:01
Post #42

Member No.: 8360

just wanted to say that the idea for this plugin simply ROCKS.
havent used it yet, but thats gonna change in about 5 mins smile.gif

thanks foosion!
+Quote Post
tberman333
post Dec 2 2004, 05:57
Post #43

Member No.: 17991

First of all, let me say that this plugin is great. It makes organizing all my live shows so much easier!

Anyway, I was wondering if there was any way to customize the way tradersfriend tags? For example, I would like to date to just show the year (rather than the exact date) and also I want to be able to write a comination of fields in the title (like date - venue - Disc #). Is there anyway customize any of this information?

Thanks for your help!

This post has been edited by tberman333: Dec 2 2004, 05:58

--------------------
GO WHALE!!!

[url="http://www.toddberman.com"]My Website[/url]
+Quote Post
foosion
post Dec 2 2004, 09:48
Post #44

You can easily do that with a few post-processing steps in masstagger. Use "Format values from other fields" to extract the year from the date (however this relies on a known date format), and "Format values from other fields" to combine whatever tags you want into one. The there's "Remove field..." to get rid of the tags you no longer want. It's propably best to save this as a preset, once you have set it up correctly.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ssamadhi97
post Dec 2 2004, 16:07
Post #45

*cough* still waiting for a text file picker if multiple candidates are detected.. I'm growing tired of having to work around tradersfriend's vain attempts to make sense of flac fingerprint files etc wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
tberman333
post Dec 3 2004, 04:20
Post #46

Member No.: 17991

QUOTE (foosion @ Dec 2 2004, 04:48 AM)
You can easily do that with a few post-processing steps in masstagger. Use "Format values from other fields" to extract the year from the date (however this relies on a known date format), and "Format values from other fields" to combine whatever tags you want into one. The there's "Remove field..." to get rid of the tags you no longer want. It's propably best to save this as a preset, once you have set it up correctly.

That did it... thanks! biggrin.gif

--------------------
GO WHALE!!!

[url="http://www.toddberman.com"]My Website[/url]
+Quote Post
AndyL
post Dec 6 2004, 14:24
Post #47

Member No.: 14516

QUOTE (ssamadhi97 @ Dec 2 2004, 03:07 PM)
*cough* still waiting for a text file picker if multiple candidates are detected.. I'm growing tired of having to work around tradersfriend's vain attempts to make sense of flac fingerprint files etc wink.gif

I would really like to see this as well.

Also, even when I leave the Discnumber field in the 'Guess values from text file' window empty, the plugin still insists on putting the DISC tag into each file, which I don't want. How can I stop it from doing this?
+Quote Post
foosion
post Dec 23 2004, 15:42
Post #48

foo_tradersfriend 0.6.0 preview
This is just to let you people get a peek at things to come. Some features still need to be (re)implemented. Changelog and description of supported filename and text formats is to be included with the final version.

Merry christmas and a happy new year to everyone. smile.gif

Links:
plugin
screenshot (a bit outdated already, "Update files" actually works in this preview)

--------------------
+Quote Post
anza
post Dec 23 2004, 16:08
Post #49

Member No.: 4418

Looking really great, thanks smile.gif

edit: Well actually it worked well only on two of the 16 shows it tried blink.gif On the 14 others it recognized every track as track number one.

This post has been edited by anza: Dec 23 2004, 16:22
+Quote Post
AndyL
post Dec 23 2004, 22:25
Post #50

Member No.: 14516

QUOTE (anza @ Dec 23 2004, 03:08 PM)
On the 14 others it recognized every track as track number one.

I had that problem with version 0.4.4 on most of the shows I tried. Can't wait until the new version's finished, it looks a lot better already smile.gif
+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th November 2014 - 19:04