Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Batchenc (Read 11062 times) previous topic - next topic

Batchenc

Batchenc is a free and very flexible Windows front-end for all console encoders and decoders. It's not for newbies because the user has to know the command line syntax of the back-end programs. But a configuration file with a lot of examples is included to make it a bit easier.

Batchenc

Reply #1
Great tool.

I wonder would it be possible to have multiple jobs, say something like 'append to batch' button?

Batchenc

Reply #2
as always, good work.
wagner reatto

Batchenc

Reply #3
hi

the tool is nice and i would find it really useful but everytime i try to encode a file which name contains language specific characters
(like "01 - Mesmerisa - Róża Luksemburg - Transelected by DJ Sesis - 1997 - Mesmerisa - Róża Luksemburg.wav" for example)
i get error messages from encoders ("ERROR: Unable to read or decode: [...]" - that's mppenc). MPC Batch Encoder works fine.

.mataglap

Batchenc

Reply #4
I like your program, it's soooo tidy and small, yet very useful  Just one question, though.  Is there any way to implement a process priority flag?  I mean, MPC is great, but the encoder completely hijacks your system while it's encoding, unless you bring the priority down.  This is a simple thing to solve in Linux, as BASH is a fantastic shell.  However, the Windows command line interpreter isn't as robust.  I'd like to be able to set the encoding to a lesser level, say below normal or idle, so that I can do other things while my system cruches the numbers.  Is this possible?

Batchenc

Reply #5
this frontend is excellent speek! it's so flexible that not only it works great with audio encoders but i'm using it to convert a bunch of .avi files i got to other formats like ogm and mkv 
thx a lot m8!
Allegari nihil et allegatum non probare, paria sunt.

Batchenc

Reply #6
the tool is nice and i would find it really useful but everytime i try to encode a file which name contains language specific characters
(like "01 - Mesmerisa - Róża Luksemburg - Transelected by DJ Sesis - 1997 - Mesmerisa - Róża Luksemburg.wav" for example)
i get error messages from encoders ("ERROR: Unable to read or decode: [...]" - that's mppenc). MPC Batch Encoder works fine.

Hi fedaykin,

Which Windows version do you use?
Batchenc doesn't use the win2dos program like MPC Batch Encoder when used in win2k/xp, but uses codepage 1252. This is pretty technical to explain, but if you're in win2k/xp, please send me an email and I'll send you a version of Batchenc that does use win2dos. That will probably fix the problem.

Is there any way to implement a process priority flag?

Hi silver_cpu,

I don't think it can be done with the current version of Batchenc, but I'll make a version with a idle priority option tomorrow and post it here.

I wonder would it be possible to have multiple jobs, say something like 'append to batch' button?

Hi ak,

I don't think so. I like to keep it simple.

Batchenc

Reply #7
Speek, if you would do that I would worship the ground you walked upon

Now if only I can get that to work with Audiograbber...

Batchenc

Reply #8
Speek, if you would do that I would worship the ground you walked upon

That won't be necessary. 
Get the version with idle priority option here. It only works in win2k/xp.

Batchenc

Reply #9
Thanks, Speek  I'll give it a few tries and try to remember to tell you my findings.

Batchenc

Reply #10
Hi there, I'm sorry for resurrecting such an old thread but I'm setting up a Ubuntu PC to completely replace my Windows box and since I use batchenc on a daily basis, I'd like to know if you guys know an alternative for it in linux.

Thanks in advance!
Allegari nihil et allegatum non probare, paria sunt.