Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CD rip: "Could not write chapter information: Error parsing cuesh (Read 7626 times) previous topic - next topic

CD rip: "Could not write chapter information: Error parsing cuesh

If i
- Rip a CD in flac and in mp3
- as "generate multi-track files"
- with foobar2000 v1.3.3 under WIN 7
i got with different CDs the same error message, allways:

"Could not write chapter information: Error parsing cuesheet: unknown cuesheet item (line 1)"

Here are the Status- und Console-messages:

--> flac:
================================================================================
1 out of 1 tracks converted with major problems.

Source: "cdda://00A5D71B"
  Audio CD extraction setup: drive: "TSSTcorp - CDDVDW SN-208BB", sample offset: 6, security: standard
  Track converted successfully.
  AccurateRip status:
  Track  Status
  01    Accurately ripped, confidence: 4.
  02    Accurately ripped, confidence: 4.
  03    Accurately ripped, confidence: 4.
  04    Accurately ripped, confidence: 4.
  05    Accurately ripped, confidence: 4.
  06    Accurately ripped, confidence: 4.
  07    Accurately ripped, confidence: 4.
  08    Accurately ripped, confidence: 4.
  09    Accurately ripped, confidence: 4.
  Could not write chapter information: Error parsing cuesheet: unknown cuesheet item (line 1)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Audio CD extraction setup: drive: "TSSTcorp - CDDVDW SN-208BB", sample offset: 6, security: standard
CLI encoder: flac.exe
Destination file: D:\new-CD-rips\The beggar's opera.. Original songs & airs [Musique  (1982) -- Patrizia Kwella, Paul Elliot, The Broadside Band &.flac
Encoder stream format: 44100Hz / 2ch / 16bps
Command line: "foobar2000\encoders\flac.exe" -s --ignore-chunk-sizes -8 - -o "The beggar's opera.. Original songs & airs [Musique  (1982) -- Patrizia Kwella, Paul Elliot, The Broadside Band &.flac"
Working folder: D:\new-CD-rips\
Encoder process still running, waiting...
Encoder process terminated cleanly.
AccurateRip status:
Track  Status
Could not write chapter information: Error parsing cuesheet: unknown cuesheet item (line 1)
Total encoding time: 12:07.043, 3.76x realtime
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--> mp3:
================================================================================
1 out of 1 tracks converted with major problems.

Source: "cdda://00A5D71B"
CLI encoder: lame.exe
Destination file: D:\new-CD-rips\The beggar's opera.. Original songs & airs [Musique  (1982) -- Patrizia Kwella, Paul Elliot, The Broadside Band &.mp3
Encoder stream format: 44100Hz / 2ch / 16bps
Command line: "foobar2000\encoders\lame3.99.5-64\lame.exe" -S --noreplaygain -V 0 - "The beggar's opera.. Original songs & airs [Musique  (1982) -- Patrizia Kwella, Paul Elliot, The Broadside Band &.mp3"
Working folder: D:\new-CD-rips\
Encoder process still running, waiting...
Encoder process terminated cleanly.
AccurateRip status:
Track  Status
Total encoding time: 12:46.261, 3.57x realtime

and the cuesheet:
REM GENRE Opera
REM DATE 1982
REM COMMENT YEAR: 1982
PERFORMER "Patrizia Kwella, Paul Elliot, The Broadside Band & Jeremy Barlow"
TITLE "The beggar's opera: Original songs & airs [Musique d'abord]"
FILE "The beggar's opera.. Original songs & airs [Musique  (1982) -- Patrizia Kwella, Paul Elliot, The Broadside Band &.flac" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Cold and raw (Air III)"
    INDEX 00 00:00:00
    INDEX 01 00:00:32
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Over the hills and far away (Air XVI)"
    INDEX 01 06:19:70
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "Oh, the broom (Air XVIII)"
    INDEX 01 09:22:27
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    TITLE "Would you have a young virgin (Air XXI)"
    INDEX 01 14:17:02
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
    TITLE "What shall I do to show how much I love her (Air VI)"
    INDEX 01 19:42:65
  TRACK 06 AUDIO
    TITLE "Fill ev'ry glass (Air XIX)"
    INDEX 01 23:42:40
  TRACK 07 AUDIO
    TITLE "Charming Billy (Air XXXVII)"
    INDEX 01 26:24:40
  TRACK 08 AUDIO
    TITLE "The lass of Patie's mill (Air XL)"
    INDEX 01 31:23:00
  TRACK 09 AUDIO
    TITLE "Greensleeves (Air LXVII)"
    INDEX 01 37:07:07

Reply #1
[ Late reply, sorry ]
Bug acknowledged, fixed in 1.3.4. Thanks for reporting.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #2
Thanks very much for fixing
and for fb2k also   

I will wait for 1.3.4.

Can i give you 1 suggestion and 2 requests in this location?:

R1 "rescue the pregap length":
If i rip as "generate multi-track files" ==> a pregap (if exists) will be documented in the embedded cuesheet ==> CUETools can test the ripped cd in AccurateRip, later (after ripping). (This processes fine, CUETools writes (if wanted) the results as metadata in coresponding Tags: Fantastic! It runs for "generate multi-track files" also  )

But if i rip as "convert each track to an individual file" than no pregap is writen in a Log File or in the flac files. The pregap information is lost and CUETools could not test AccurateRip, if a pregap exists

Hence i think fb2k should write a log file for rescue the length of an existing pregap, in the folder of the generated flac files.
(It would be nice to have a Log file "a standard (that comes from EAC)" in fb2k also.)

In the case of "generate multi-track files", the log file could be written in a tag in the generated flac file.
(..., if the Log File contains more information, e.g.: Error state of each ripped track, Date & Time of ripping, AccurateRip count of each track, Disc- or AccurateRip-ID, ...)

S1 "naming":
"generate multi-track files" should better be named as "generate a multi-track file" (instead of "files"), because it creates only 1 file!

R2 "rescue the postgap lengths":
When you rip, the pause between 2 tracks will be appended at the end of the 1. track. Please write the length of this pause in a new tag "POSTGAP" in the 1. track (the track to which the pause is appended). This would be fine, since this information (that is a important e.g. for classical CDs) could be rescued by this way (instead of estimation it later with less or more effort). (And it is an advantage over EAC, also).

If this this location is not suitalble, which is good for my suggestion and requests?

Reply #3
Thank you very much for fixing: The error is away

But the Information from "Information lookup" (freedb, MusicBrainz) isn't available anymore.

Before bug fixing it was in the cuesheet in "Title", etc.; after bug fixing "Title" and other Metadate are not stored in the cuesheet. (The cuesheet is realy simple now  ).

Please store the Metadata from "Information lookup" in the tags of the generated flac-file.

My suggestion and the 2 requests from above, i've posted here:

http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php?showtopic=106823

Reply #4
Thank you very much for fixing: The error is away

But the Information from "Information lookup" (freedb, MusicBrainz) isn't available anymore.

Before bug fixing it was in the cuesheet in "Title", etc.; after bug fixing "Title" and other Metadate are not stored in the cuesheet. (The cuesheet is realy simple now  ).

Please store the Metadata from "Information lookup" in the tags of the generated flac-file.

Could not reprod this bug locally, sorry. Everything appears stored, I must be missing some additional information how to produce this bug.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #5
Only way I can lose the information is by using a Converter preset where metadata transfer option is disabled in the Other-section. But then it's not a bug but behaving as requested.